What's new

Deja Vu! all over again?

olimjj

Why do I feel like I have been here before???
I keep getting these thoughts in my mind:

The largest Software & Programming company in the world?
A relatively small piece of software designed to fix or update an original computer program code?
The day after Monday?
:starstruck:

I presume you're referring to this:

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Note

Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.

March 2014 updates

The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update - 3/11/2014” when you view your update history.

•Surface Pro UEFI (v2.04.0450) improves experience when using BitLocker so that a Surface Cover can provide PIN input.
•Surface Touch Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.262.0) update improves multiple finger support on the touchpad.
•Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.262.0) update improves multiple finger support on the touchpad.
•Surface Power Cover Firmware Update Device (v2.0.268.0) provides support for Surface Power Cover.
•Surface Cover Telemetry (v2.0.229.0) improves stability and experience for Surface Covers.
•Marvell AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network Controller (v14.69.24052.168) resolves wireless network connectivity issues.
•Marvell AVASTAR Wireless Composite Device (v14.69.24052.168) improves Miracast support.
•Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth ®Radio Adapter (v14.69.24052.168) updated as part of a driver package that includes the Marvell Wireless Network Controller and Marvell Wireless Composite Device. There are no Bluetooth updates in this version of the driver.
•Intel(R) Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) improves Miracast support.
•Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (v10.18.10.3431) improves Miracast support and enables daisy chaining of monitors using DisplayPort 1.2.
•Intel WiDi Audio Device (v4.5.44.0) improves Miracast support.

clemgrad85

Well....at least that answered my question about skipping past Firmware updates. When I read the info at the above link, it was clear that if you had skipped a previous Firmware update, but downloaded another later, you would get any previously skipped firmware updates. I guess this makes sense as any update would likely need changes previously recommended to work correctly, but, I guess it would make sense to go ahead and download Firmware updates after the "all clear" is given since you will probably eventually have to download some future firmware update. Does that make sense?

Dim-Ize

Thanks. Just wondering if that's a possible reason that a repeated firmware load is attempted later in the month sometimes.