What's new

Desktop and app disappearence

RMJ

This is the second time this has occurred. I bought the SP3 in March last year and this issue lasted for about two months and then it came back as suddenly as it occurred. There was no intervention on my behalf as a programmer friend was going to help me. Today I am using my computer and lo and behold the same thing happens again.

There are no shortcuts on the desktop (only the background picture on the desktop).
There is no window able to be swiped from the right showing the tablet mode, flight mode, battery etc.
The start button has changed colour and is now showing a black box with different items in it such as Device Manager etc.
The apps are non existent on the screen and cannot be swiped up from the bottom of the screen.
If you swipe from the left side you see the desktop icons for a split second and then they disappear.

I believe it may have something to do with the tablet and computer mode function not communicating but it might be time to start all over again and just dump everything.

If anyone has any suggestions or this has occurred to them then I would love to hear from you.

Regards

Last edited:

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

You didn't post this in the Windows 10 on the SP3 section. You didn't say anywhere in your post what OS you are using. Are you on 8.1?