What's new

Docking station with Win10

ximoosea

Are any of you having problems with the docking station since upgrading to the RTM version of Win10? Specifically, when I pop my SP3 unit in, it will not activate the monitor. I have to slide the handles in and out several times before it "finds" the monitor. I have never had this problem previously. Also, I get times (not all of the time) when I need to restart my SP3 but if it is in the dock then the restart fails with some errors on a DOS like screen.

Are there new drivers that I need to try? Time for a system refresh? Thanks.

fletch33

on 8.1 my SP3 would have some returning from sleep issues as well as reset and the resolution with my 3 monitors was not enjoyable. on 10 once i did a data wipe reset and let it upgrade from clean 8.1 to 10 before i added anything it has been great and have not yet had wake issues and even if i did the auto individual screen resolution would make me happy.

i first did upgrade and had some issues that all went away after wipe upgrade.

maybe others can add to this and also it may be better asked in the Windows 10 section listed above

agt499

I upgraded in-place, and my dasiychained monitors just would not work via displayport after that, though weirdly I could use a mdp→HDMI convertor to drive one with no problems.
Tried latest intel drivers etc, and different user accounts, but only a clean install got it sorted for me.

Still have odd sleep issues, and it still takes a while to detect, but a the clean install definitely fixed something that I could not remedy any other way.

toaf

its doing that with my SP2 and docking station. but with the sound card. video seems fine, wait..it did act up once. reseat...worked

Talldog

My SP3 got the upgrade four days ago, and suddenly an hour ago it stopped recognizing the monitor in the docking station.

Telstar1948

I did the upgrade about a week ago (give or take), and I've not had any problems with the monitor connecting.

toaf

i think they fixed all the multi sound card funk. i hope they fixed the multi video card issues some are having. ive been trying to mess with it. still works. docking station to widi then tablet, then other docking station with speakers. seems solid