What's new

Does Anyone Else Have This Issue.......?

ArnoldC

No I haven't. Lol. They must not market in the U.S. because the best here is Bose and Beats....

You must be kidding. Best in terms of what? HARMAN Industries is an American Company publicly traded in the NYSE and other markets, and is the holding company for Harman/Kardon, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, AKG, Infinity and JBL.

bosamar

You must be kidding. Best in terms of what? HARMAN Industries is an American Company publicly traded in the NYSE and other markets, and is the holding company for Harman/Kardon, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, AKG, Infinity and JBL.

I'm not kidding. On the CONSUMER level they are unknown to me. I've heard of JBL before...

bosamar

Arnold, maybe if you spoke of product names instead of business names I'd recognize more... :D. I almost picked up the Bose Bluetooth speaker but it was sold out at the store I shop at... would had saved nearly $50 there.

Beatkat

Those brands are considered audiophile brands here in the U.S....they are not 'consumer' level products and are not commonly marketed. If you search them out they are readily available (albeit at a premium price point).. the majority of 'consumer' buyers in this country would not seek them out because they are very expensive.

R0bR

I was looking at the Bose and the pricing was more then I wanted to spend, especially after adding the Bluetooth receiver. I looked at a number of systems and for my budget I picked up the Creative Ziisound D5x, normally $299 but I got it for $189 on sale. I currently have an iPod touch and my Surface connected via Bluetooth. For SD movies the audio and video are in sync but some testing with HD movies so far has them out of sync a bit. I don't know if that is just delay in Bluetooth transmission or if the Surface can't handle HD streaming over wireless AND audio over BT. I'll have to do more testing with that.

Lina

I will not waste my money on anything Skullcandy.

Skullcandy offer very sound actually, definitely better than you'll find with iphone in-ear buds or Beats. I have three pairs of their over ear sets but my favourites are the Aviators. :)

Have to say this info is all quite good but the thread has certainly taken a different path then I intended it to. When I am listening to music or am watching a movie I just plug in with some earbuds (skullcandy, sorry Arnold I don't have trained ears nor will my wife let me blow huge dollars on earphones). I do plan on buying some usb or Bluetooth speakers though. Anyway, once again, I hope everyone had a great xmas with their surfaces. Mine unfortunately has the minor keyboard tear and because they will replace it, I will be taking the pair back and will be receiving a new surface as well. Oh how I love setting up things.....again.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Why do you have to return your Surface for a faulty touch cover? They should just swap the cover for you, without needing to replace your Surface.

Why do you have to return your Surface for a faulty touch cover? They should just swap the cover for you, without needing to replace your Surface.

Not exactly sure why they wanted to return it together but it was a 64GB bundle so I guess they wanted it back with the surface. I was ok with them wanting them both because the display would intermitantly display a dead pixel in the top left hand corner. Anyway, I have since returned the pair and set up the new one which I have gotten good at since this is my third and hopefully final surface (at least for a few years!). The second surface was from me returning a 32GB to get the 64GB which I don't regret since I have on 34.3 GB left as of today. BTW what week of the month is patch Tuesday on? I have a feeling it must be next week since there is nothing today.

bosamar

BOSE = overpriced crap. The apple of the Audio World IMHO.
Well when it's back in stock at the store I shop at I'm buying the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile speaker II. I can get it for $269 and no tax. My home theater is Bose too.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Well when it's back in stock at the store I shop at I'm buying the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile speaker II. I can get it for $269 and no tax. My home theater is Bose too.

Well that comment was a little harsh. I wouldn't call Bose crap just as Apple isn't crap. However, it does tend to be overpriced for what it is and you can certainly get higher quality with other brands (sometimes at the same price as Bose but often the good stuff is even more expensive). Arnold listed some good alternatives in posts 10 and 13.