HowTo Enable Your Favourite Flash-Site in Metro IE10

OP
Mr.NK

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: [How To] Enable Your Favourite Flash-Site in Metro IE10

Yes it'll break the 'hack'

Logicearl

My wife has recently bought a suface rt, and would like to know if its at all possible to use the hack to be able to use facebooks farmville 2?
I have tried, unsucessfully I may add. I have edited the xml file by using <domain>facebook.com</domain>, but not sure if thats correct.
Anyone had any success, or is it not possible?
TIA

jonnywlaw

Whitelist addition did not work

I attempted to make these changes to the whitelist, changed the metro browser setting to not get updated Microsoft compatibility list and still am getting the same message. The website I am trying to use is "http://fmls.fusionmls.com"

Hi folks,

MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:

1. Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData
  2. Here you can find a section with:
    Code:
    < Flash >
     < domain >domain1.com< / domain >
     < domain >domain2.com< / domain >
     < / Flash >
  3. add your domain as following:
    Code:
    < domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
  4. Save the list
  5. Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
  6. Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"

Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.

ArnoldC

Your entry should be:

Code:
<domain>fmls.fusionmls.com</domain>

I also have an entry here, so try:

Code:
<domain docMode="EmulateIE9" versionVector="9" uaString="9">fmls.fusionmls.com</domain>

jonnywlaw

Thank you - this solution of adding docMode worked when using fusionmls.com. Strange as others, including on this thread have indicated that just an entry in the flash section of iecompatdata.xml would work. Seems inconsistent - but this at least fixed the problem for now.

Your entry should be:

Code:
<domain>fmls.fusionmls.com</domain>

I also have an entry here, so try:

Code:
<domain docMode="EmulateIE9" versionVector="9" uaString="9">fmls.fusionmls.com</domain>

ArnoldC

Thank you - this solution of adding docMode worked when using fusionmls.com. Strange as others, including on this thread have indicated that just an entry in the flash section of iecompatdata.xml would work. Seems inconsistent - but this at least fixed the problem for now.

You are most welcome. ;)

Nukum

This hack worked with unreadable results. I was trying to add computerpoweruser.com so I can read the online magazine. It now loads the page, but it's a bunch of meaningless arrows and empty boxes.

Weird, but after I turned off the Surface and tried it again a few minutes later, it's working great! Thanks.

Last edited:

motts

Hi folks,

MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:

1. Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData
  2. Here you can find a section with:
    Code:
    < Flash >
     < domain >domain1.com< / domain >
     < domain >domain2.com< / domain >
     < / Flash >
  3. add your domain as following:
    Code:
    < domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
  4. Save the list
  5. Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
  6. Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"

Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.

Hi there> I have found the list but I really don't get how to add the website. I am getting really frustrated. the list is opening in a IE window. thanks for your help. If you can only guide me into how add them. thanks. Mike

BasT

Okay, I have followed all the instructions, deleted the history, re-booted etc but I only have sound and no video (wife trying to watch television on tfc.tv). Any ideas?