What's new

Solved Enough Random Crashing! Help please?

ynohtna

Holy I was trying MS Support to figure out why my SP3 crashed today and all they wanted to do was reset, uninstall some browsers and wouldn't look at actual logs! Anyways, long story short, I was disappointed to find out since I got my SP3 in august that random crashing occurs. I've always written it off until earlier this week, I decided to put the time to do a full refresh, and then took all the time to fully update it.

Left today for a lunch break and come back to find it had crashed and rebooted. While talking to the MS support guy, I searched and found out how to process memory dump file cause I saw this bugcheck in the log
The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8015e1d22ab, 0xffffd0002492eed8,
0xffffd0002492e6e0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:
121814-11343-01.

Attached is the processed dump from instructions here: http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/reading-a-memory-dmp-or-other-dmp-file

I dunno if there's more real information in the attached file but a clue that the intel graphics driver might be causing a problem? We all have the same driver though!

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    31.3 KB · Views: 784

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You left out what software you installed and were running but if it just windows then its a hardware problem.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Holy I was trying MS Support to figure out why my SP3 crashed today and all they wanted to do was reset, uninstall some browsers and wouldn't look at actual logs! Anyways, long story short, I was disappointed to find out since I got my SP3 in august that random crashing occurs. I've always written it off until earlier this week, I decided to put the time to do a full refresh, and then took all the time to fully update it.

Left today for a lunch break and come back to find it had crashed and rebooted. While talking to the MS support guy, I searched and found out how to process memory dump file cause I saw this bugcheck in the log
The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8015e1d22ab, 0xffffd0002492eed8,
0xffffd0002492e6e0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:
121814-11343-01.

Attached is the processed dump from instructions here: http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/reading-a-memory-dmp-or-other-dmp-file

I dunno if there's more real information in the attached file but a clue that the intel graphics driver might be causing a problem? We all have the same driver though!

Thanks for your time
The Memory Space that has the fault bucket is shared between the Micro-SD Card Reader and the USB Human Interface Device, so it narrows it down to a USB Mouse or Keyboard (perhaps you are using a device that requires additional drivers or configuration software that is causing issues - an example would be the Logitech Suite) or your Micro-SD Card is corrupt or at some point you moved Profile or App Data that it is looking for and can't find.

OP
Y

ynohtna

Thank you for the reply!

At the time, I only really had browsers open. IE, Chrome & Firefox. I believe my Hyper-V machine was in saved state.

I have Logitech mouse with unifying wireless receiver plugged into the dock. I currently don't have set point installed. Didn't get around to it yet. I had it installed prior to my refresh and still had random crashes.

My Dell U2413 monitor has a card reader and I do have it hooked up via usb 3 to the dock right now however, no SD card in it.

There is profile or app data on sd card?

From that specific dump though, it looks like it's narrowed down to mouse driver issue?

Thank you

OP
Y

ynohtna

so I just got another crash, I renamed the previous debuglog file so I could have a new one.

Is it possible that the new debug and old debug match?

Like the exact same thing happened? Also weird is that the new debug file is 5kb bigger but I don't see a difference when using notepad++ compare the two files.

Thanks.

OP
Y

ynohtna

Just got another crash :( I have since installed the logitech suite so this error does look different. Can I get some helpe interpret the debug log please?

I had firefox, ie, chrome open with various sites open

Skype was open, my hyper-vm was running. According to the event log, the crash happened about 30mins after I left the computer.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    36.4 KB · Views: 597

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just got another crash :( I have since installed the logitech suite so this error does look different. Can I get some helpe interpret the debug log please?

I had firefox, ie, chrome open with various sites open

Skype was open, my hyper-vm was running. According to the event log, the crash happened about 30mins after I left the computer.

Thanks in advance for your time.
It was the Intel HD Video Driver attempted to access or write to an invalid memory address....

OP
Y

ynohtna

Thank you

Is this software or hardware issue or hard to know? I have to add that I'm running 2x Dell U2413 from the dock mdp connection

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
An invalid Memory Address error is a Physics Error - Just like 2 objects can occupy the same physical space without destruction, the same is true with Memory Space - This happens when a driver or application tries to write to an address that is already occupied and not cleared for re-write or it tries to read for an address that has someone else's data...

leeshor

In theory 64-bit programs are/were supposed to keep that from happening but the programs have fallen behind the 64-bit curve. And, unfortunately, there are still a lot of 32-bit programs that don't follow all the rules.

OP
Y

ynohtna

Thank you for that information.

Won't others experience the same issue though? Would it be something reportable to someone or is it something I should just move on with?