What's new

Fine-tipped stylus for Surface 2?

JasonD

My wife is looking for a fine-tipped stylus (similar tip to the Surface Pro 3 Pen) for her Surface 2 (regular Surface 2, not Pro). All we were able to find at our local Best Buy were thick finger-tip iPad style styluses, besides the Surface Pro 3 Pen; which does not work with it.

Any ideas on what we need to buy? She's wanting to do artwork with Fresh Paint, but wants a finer tipped stylus than the thick-tipped iPhone style. Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There isn't really one, the Surface 2 is tuned to support the traditional rubber tipped Capacitive Stylus. The Wacom Bamboo Capacitive Stylus Gen 2 is the thinnest that works ok....

leeshor

Check out Adonit Jot (Pro). It has a tip like a sharpened pencil. It looks a little strange but works great. Any time I need to go sign something, (usually on a iPad), at the AT&T store I take it with me and several staff people have bought their own.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The strange thing is the Adonit Jot Pro worked great on the Surface RT but on the Surface 2 Capacitive Screen it didn't work well. I invested well over $200 on different Stylus for The Surface 2 and the Bamboo worked the best....