What's new

Firmware Release Day Results Here

Booch

The reason I say to have the keyboard plugged-in is if the Firmware includes any updated for the Covers it won't install that part if unattached, any update to the low level firmware I always plug it in so that it doesn't try to Sleep during the install.

Makes sense to me, jnj.
To be honest, I had heard of some people having random connection issues with their type covers. Even though I have not had issues myself, I feared losing connection during the update could give me problems.

Who knows though, I may buckle my chinstrap and update like a big-boy today :-D

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Makes sense to me, jnj.
To be honest, I had heard of some people having random connection issues with their type covers. Even though I have not had issues myself, I feared losing connection during the update could give me problems.

Who knows though, I may buckle my chinstrap and update like a big-boy today :-D

I hope today...... Microsoft seems to be running late!:nerd:

jrapdx

Anyone else get pushed the 10/24/2013 Hardware update earlier this morning?

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Patch size was about 103k. Of course, I don't think that's the "big one" we're all anticipating.

I didn't install it, and actually, I'm not sure why they're still sending out updates from October. It seems quite odd indeed.

JRA

mtalinm

Just got a bunch of updates showing up. Don't see firmware though. I'll run the others and hold my breath.

jollywombat

Got 5 important updates, 1 optional. None of them were firmware specific, just windows 8.1 x64 updates. Hmm, wheres the firmware?

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Yep me too. I installed all of them including the optional and it was around 100mb. Is it possible that this had to come before the firmware? That doesn't make sense but who knows.

LuckyL

no firmware update but 3 Windows Defender Updates on top of yesterday's - what gives?

update.JPG

mtalinm

Well I installed all the available updates, no firmware. Checked again after install, no firmware. So the battery problem is probably till there.