What's new

For my RDP-using brethren

malberttoo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
2,255
Points
83
Location
Alaska
My Device
SPro3
I did a quick search and didn't see this posted anywhere else.

I finally started using my SP3 a couple days ago for work stuff (network management, IT stuff...), and right away was not happy with trying to RDP into another machine or server.

Long story short, because the resolution on the SP3 is so high, it would make the remote desktop brutally tiny. Very difficult and uncomfortable to use. Anyways, changing the resolution settings in the actual RDP client doesn't help, because all that does is change the size of the RDP window, but not the scale of the desktop itself.

So I found this after a quick Google search, and it works great. It resizes the RDP desktop to something you can see much better. I have no idea how it does it, but "it just works". And, it's an awesome little utility if you frequently have to RDP into other machines!

Hope it helps someone!

Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21101
 
A wonderful tool if you have to connect to many machines. I have been using it for more than a year at work and I love it.
 
Well like I said I have no idea how it fixes the scaling issue, but it is great.
 
Using mstsc.exe (The desktop RDP client) you can adjust the resolution

RDP Display Config.JPG


scaled rdp session.JPG
 
I have those exact same settings. This is what I get.
 

Attachments

  • MA_RDP (Small).png
    MA_RDP (Small).png
    66.5 KB · Views: 628
And why I can't I do nice embedded images like you're doing?
 
Just tried this and your right its very good!

Why cant the modern UI Remote Desktop App be as good?
 
Back
Top