What's new

Glad I decided to keep my Surface Book

AndyWear

Its pretty hard to find drivers and firmwares for the Surface Book. I spent hours trying to search on their sites and it was confusing as hell. I had no idea what i was looking for. I wouldn't have known to look for wintab at all if it wasn't for one of the users here who linked it to me.

Micropel

Its pretty hard to find drivers and firmwares for the Surface Book. I spent hours trying to search on their sites and it was confusing as hell. I had no idea what i was looking for. I wouldn't have known to look for wintab at all if it wasn't for one of the users here who linked it to me.
the 11/19 firmware updates?

kundas1

first off, the trouble people are having with their SB and SP4 is not hardware at all and work perfectly fine, what the big problem is, is win 10... they rushed it out too fast and now all devices are having trouble, even the phones are having trouble! I don't know what team they got programing WIN 10 but they should all be fired IMO... WIN 10 is a total debacle! but I'm totally confidant that MS will sort itself out in the near future and will take 1 year to sort itself out... then, MAYBE then I will get the SP4 or SB...

bangsters

first off, the trouble people are having with their SB and SP4 is not hardware at all and work perfectly fine, what the big problem is, is win 10... they rushed it out too fast and now all devices are having trouble, even the phones are having trouble! I don't know what team they got programing WIN 10 but they should all be fired IMO... WIN 10 is a total debacle! but I'm totally confidant that MS will sort itself out in the near future and will take 1 year to sort itself out... then, MAYBE then I will get the SP4 or SB...

I completely agree. It looks like MS created the perfect hardware, but kept the software compatible with mass devices and did not properly implement integration software or drivers, especially since they collaborate with 3rd party vendors like Intel. Once the drivers get sorted out, this device will be a beast.

AndyWear

the 11/19 firmware updates?
I think the 11/19 was the wintab firmware I think. It improved the pen sensitivity a lot. If I had to search it manually, I don't think I could have found it. Their website is pretty hard to search.

I'm so use to using windows 7, where you go to the updates section, you can select what updates you get to download. In win10, finding the update section was a bit difficult for me, and then when you're there in the update page, it doesn't show you all the things you can update or download. It only shows the critical updates. I feel so much are hidden in Windows 10, its like learning to walk again for me. I'm not by any means computer illiterate, I really do think finding all available updates for the Surface Book was like a needle in a hay stack.

Grumpy2

I agree with you. In fact I have been saying this for months on another forum. Apparently the mods did not like my continued criticism of the programmers/software engineers at Microsoft and banned me from the forum. So if you are on a Windows specific forum and you do not agree with what Microsoft is doing and you continually criticise you end up getting banned. Sounds like "head in the sand" stuff to me. I for one will not buy any Windows device with W 10 installed and I am not updating any of my Microsoft devices to Win 10 until Microsoft "pull their collective heads" out of the sand and fix up all the software/firmware problems.

kundas1

wow that's too bad you got banned for stating obvious facts... but I do know that MS will fix all these problems eventually.... to me windows 7 was the BEST OS to date... it just WORKED fabulous right outta the box and finding drivers was a breeze