What's new

Google Chrome issues

emendoza

Hello everybody,

I just recently purchased a Surface Pro 2 after owning a Surface 2 RT for about a month. Currently I am enjoying this amazing device except that I am having some issues with google chrome that is driving me INSANE.

One of the issues is that any field that I touch on Google Chrome ex. Address bar, google search bar, Title, etc. It brings up the touch screen keyboard from the bottom left and it is driving me insane.

Another issue is that these weird autofills come up such as the picture below
gcp.JPG

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

benjitek

Hello everybody,

I just recently purchased a Surface Pro 2 after owning a Surface 2 RT for about a month. Currently I am enjoying this amazing device except that I am having some issues with google chrome that is driving me INSANE.

One of the issues is that any field that I touch on Google Chrome ex. Address bar, google search bar, Title, etc. It brings up the touch screen keyboard from the bottom left and it is driving me insane.

Another issue is that these weird autofills come up such as the picture below
View attachment 1584

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

It's like they made it incompatible on purpose :disappointed:

dRuEFFECT

I've definitely been having strange chrome issues on my SP2.

First off, I'm finding that while on desktop mode, if I have multiple tabs open, the tabs start to bunch up way before the edge of the browser, almost half way across the tab bar. I think this is related to the windows settings for text size i have set, but i don't see why this should be affected. I've also read somewhere that it may be fixed by changing chrome to hi-dpi mode, but when trying that chrome gets all screwed up in metro-mode (the screen is cut off and offset to the top right).

Second, when in metro-mode, if I click on a link that opens a page in a new tab (not in the background), when i go to tap or scroll on that newly opened page, chrome jumps back to the original tab I was on before. VERY frustrating and this made me reluctantly have to go back to firefox.