What's new

Google enters "productivity" tablet market with Pixel C

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to learn how to read a load of crap graph then :)

I can't think of a product launch graph I've seen that has ever paid out. They're always claiming 80x the performance of a pineapple and this and that and it never actually works out that way.

My experience is that any manufacturer performance increase graph isn't worth crap. I'll wait for anandtech or other reputable sites to tell me the actual reality.

leeshor

You have to take into account that it at least appears that the graph was a Slashgear graph not Google graph.

CrippsCorner

I really like the Google products, but I doubt I'll ever see one! This is the same price as an iPad right? I don't know who in their right mind would chose this over an iPad... if it was a lot cheaper it might stand a chance.

Still, the battery life is incredible... over a month!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like the Google products, but I doubt I'll ever see one! This is the same price as an iPad right? I don't know who in their right mind would chose this over an iPad... if it was a lot cheaper it might stand a chance.

Still, the battery life is incredible... over a month!

Personally I would chose anything over an iPad regaress of price. I had an air 2 for a bit and considered it utterly worthless.

CrippsCorner

Really? What were you using it for? I think they're brilliant devices for consumption... if you bought it for productivity, you bought the wrong device for your needs :)

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really? ... if you bought it for productivity, you bought the wrong device for your needs :)
To that point, that's why Apple will not make a 2 in 1 (ToasterFridge) because they WANT to sell you two devices, not one. Big round numbers... 600-1000 for an iPad/iPad Pro and another 1200-2000 for a MacBook.

CrippsCorner

Sometimes it's a good idea... sometimes it's not.

I'd rather have one device than two when it comes to computers, that's why I'm here :) but, for instance with Continuum you only need one device when it comes to computers and phones... no, I don't want that. I thought I did, but now it's here it doesn't actually interest me much.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes it's a good idea... sometimes it's not.

I'd rather have one device than two when it comes to computers, that's why I'm here :) but, for instance with Continuum you only need one device when it comes to computers and phones... no, I don't want that. I thought I did, but now it's here it doesn't actually interest me much.
Well if you want to run an x86 app it wont happen on a phone (this year anyway) and they wont let you create a PC in the cloud to do it. (currently only Windows Enterprise licenses are valid for cloud "Virtual PCs" which means you and I are blocked from doing it).

CrippsCorner

Yeah shame about x64 (can I ask why people in general, not just you, continue to use the outdated x86 as a reference for software?)

If it does eventually get this ability I know some people that will be interested!

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah shame about x64 (can I ask why people in general, not just you, continue to use the outdated x86 as a reference for software?)

If it does eventually get this ability I know some people that will be interested!
X86 is a common catchall term like Kleenex when you mean tissues. other wise you have to do x64/x86 Win32 api .net programs etc. etc. it get's too tedious to be "technically" correct when just the idea is sufficient. I can get very technical when I want to :)