What's new

Google+ video hang-outs, heat & the SP3

Len J

had a short video hangout today using the SP3 today and after about 20 minutes the fan kicked on. We ended shortly thereafter so no bad outcomes.

I have an important 90 minute video hangout meeting tomorrow and I'm wondering if its going to go out on me. Anyone done a long video hangout on the SP3? what was the outcome machine wise?

Thanks

Len

Ps, I7 512. I've had very few heat issues to date. Running on IE11 metro btw.

OP
L

Len J

Thanks.

How would I do that, what setting should I use and what effect will that have on the conference?

Len

ynohtna

Thanks, that worked.

Len

Hi Len, after a couple months now, how do you find google hangout on the SP3? I find it makes my sp3 i7 docked, still heat up really good in low settings. I used it with Google Chrome cause I assumed it would work better with Chrome.

Are you still using it with IE?

OP
L

Len J

Hi Len, after a couple months now, how do you find google hangout on the SP3? I find it makes my sp3 i7 docked, still heat up really good in low settings. I used it with Google Chrome cause I assumed it would work better with Chrome.

Are you still using it with IE?

Yea, Google and MS don't play well together. IE and Google+ = heat and fan and sometimes camera shutting off.

Sucks.

Len

ynohtna

So are you still using hangout for meetings? Chrome browser with hangout not any better,

I'm finding any video conference with any software tends to be really high cpu (eg: bluejeans, skype, jabber video) Kinda disappointed as I figure this kind of activity in today's world, shouldn't even make the surface break a sweat

OP
L

Len J

So are you still using hangout for meetings? Chrome browser with hangout not any better,

I'm finding any video conference with any software tends to be really high cpu (eg: bluejeans, skype, jabber video) Kinda disappointed as I figure this kind of activity in today's world, shouldn't even make the surface break a sweat

Yea. I'm in a master/apprentice program that utilizes Google+ hangouts as it's backbone. It requires at least a weekly hangout. Pretty unreliable.

Len