What's new

Has anyone tried titanfall for sp2?

kozak79

Yes, frame rate is good, except for the graphic glitches. Can't figure out how to get rid of them, makes the game unplayable.

kozak79

Yes, frame rate is good, except for the graphic glitches. Can't figure out how to get rid of them, makes the game unplayable.

Have to revise this comment. Installed the beta drivers from Intel and Titanfall plays great at 1280x768 resolution. Have to set the resolution before you launch the game and when in the game set the aspect to 16:10 and resolution at 1280x768. No graphical glitches and framerate is playable.

OP
M

manoroid

Have to revise this comment. Installed the beta drivers from Intel and Titanfall plays great at 1280x768 resolution. Have to set the resolution before you launch the game and when in the game set the aspect to 16:10 and resolution at 1280x768. No graphical glitches and framerate is playable.

omg great news thank you!

ricard2798

you didnt get any problems with the beta drivers? I have been dying to try it out, but on the intel forums alot of people (not necessarily surface pros, but pc's with intel graphics) state that after the beta driver install, the machine doe snot display to the screen, and you need to plug an external monitor. Please inform me if that's not the case, so i can try the new drivers :)

kozak79

you didnt get any problems with the beta drivers? I have been dying to try it out, but on the intel forums alot of people (not necessarily surface pros, but pc's with intel graphics) state that after the beta driver install, the machine doe snot display to the screen, and you need to plug an external monitor. Please inform me if that's not the case, so i can try the new drivers :)

works fine on my sp2

be77solo

The only thing is, it's a 50gb download for titanfall, plus a 10gb patch after that.

That's the reason I've yet to pick up a copy! That's ridiculous. Supposedly they did this by leaving the audio files uncompressed, thus eliminating extra CPU usage for slower CPU's (which is a good thing for us SP2 users), but still, that's one HUGE game. Curious, that 10GB patch replaces files correct? Total install size is still around 50GB?

By comparison, I've got BF4 installed, and even with the expansion packs and a full single player campaign, it's 34GB. Still huge, but it's got a single player campaign and judging by the Titanfall beta, better graphics/textures.

Keep us posted on how Titanfall plays, still tempted to snag a copy.

ricard2798

i went ahead and installed the beta drivers, and i will say that it does work fine (despite my initial cautiousness). I have not played online yet, just the training missions, but the frame rate was steady (at mostly low settings).
I will be awesome to play titanfall at the airport on my tab while waiting for my 787 to tokyo :)... sweet.

jackh

What Beta Drivers?

Jack

beq

So to confirm, other than support for Titanfall and Thief, this Intel graphics driver beta version x.3464 is no different than the version x.3431 included in the SP2 March firmware update released yesterday?