What's new

Solved How can I change the default upload location in OneDrive for pictures taken with my Windows 10 Mobil

Orlbuckeye

Well my One drive app on my phone lets me tag the pictures on the phone and my pictures on my phone are sync'd to \\pictures\camera roll. I have the one drive app on my Android phone and one drive app on my Windows PC.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

Yes and in order to tag them you'd have to go to the place in OneDrive where the pictures are stored in the first place. And that may be (as was the case on my mother in law's phone and OneDrive settings) hidden in a lot of subfolders that make no sense at all. And that was what I was looking to change.

Orlbuckeye

Well that means it documented by the maker of the phone. Typically whether you have a memory card or the phones internal storage the folder for pictures is DCIM.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

Obviously the pictures get stored on the camera (and yes, depending on the settings: internal storage or SD card). Fortunately Microsoft doesn't use folders like "DCIM".
Next to that you can set your Windows Phone/Mobile device to automatically upload pictures to OneDrive. (Period) You can only tick the box to upload the pictures and videos to OneDrive. The only other option that you have is to allow pictures and videos to be uploaded while on a metered connection. There is no way to set to which folder on OneDrive the pictures get uploaded.
And again: in the case of my mother in law's device the folder where the pictures did end up was for some reason hidden deep down in OneDrive.

Orlbuckeye

I don't believe MS has anything to do with it. When you install Onedrive on your phone your install either the Windows, Android or Apple apps. This One drive app is designed for those OS's and file layouts. It's designed based on the phone OS. If you have it set to sync it puts it into the pictures and camera roll of Onedrive. That's the default for the Onedrive app on the OS.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

Microsoft decides what the default folder on a Windows device will be for pictures. I know a lot of camera manufacturers use folder names like DCIM and I am happy at Microsoft they choose to name it "Pictures". And that makes sense.

I don't need to install a OneDrive app on my Windows Mobile device, because that is all integrated.

However, with the last part of your post we're getting somewhere! Yes, I have set the Camera app to sync with OneDrive. I have done so on the phone of my mother in law as well. However, on my setup the pictures ended up in the root of OneDrive in the folder "Files" --> "SkyDrive camera roll". On the setup of my mother in law it was worse and the pictures ended up in: "Files" --> "familie foto's" --> "Harma" --> "Pictures" --> "Verkoop" --> "familie foto's". That's why I was looking for ways how to change that.

Now, as mentioned in my second post, I arranged for her pictures to end up in " Files" --> "Pictures" --> "Camera uploads"