What's new

How I fixed the feel of my track pad

Metalman

I cut a cover for my track pad from a stickerboy sticker that was for the bottom of the keyboard I had lying around, and it made a world of difference on the feel and tracking of the track pad.
I see now why Microsoft went with smooth track pad on the Surface Pro 3.

Last edited:

LesH8210

I used clear packing tape on my type cover 2. It is amazing how much better the track pad works with this smooth surface. The taps and movement are just as sensitive if not more so with the tape on it. This is the tape that sticks to everything as you are trying to wrap a package. But on the type cover fuzz, it does adhere but peels off easily.

I cut a three inch piece of the tape and stuck it on the non-stick side of Reynolds non-stick foil. That allowed me to cut it with scissors to match the outline of the track pad. The,n I used an xacto knife to pick at the corner of the foil to separate it from the tape, stuck the tape in place on one edge of the track pad and pulled the foil off as I stuck the tape on.

The final touch was to use a credit card to smooth and press down the tape on the type cover fuzz and then I outlined the track pad with a black Sharpie.

The smooth finish makes all the difference in the world in using this keyboard.

malberttoo

I used clear packing tape on my type cover 2. It is amazing how much better the track pad works with this smooth surface. The taps and movement are just as sensitive if not more so with the tape on it. This is the tape that sticks to everything as you are trying to wrap a package. But on the type cover fuzz, it does adhere but peels off easily.

I cut a three inch piece of the tape and stuck it on the non-stick side of Reynolds non-stick foil. That allowed me to cut it with scissors to match the outline of the track pad. The,n I used an xacto knife to pick at the corner of the foil to separate it from the tape, stuck the tape in place on one edge of the track pad and pulled the foil off as I stuck the tape on.

The final touch was to use a credit card to smooth and press down the tape on the type cover fuzz and then I outlined the track pad with a black Sharpie.

The smooth finish makes all the difference in the world in using this keyboard.

Hi Les, welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for the great idea, I may try it...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
On some days I fix the feel of my trackpad by shaping it like a mouse.

imagesPLRYJ4IO.jpg

But seriously, I use Stickerboy all around the keyboard. Has worked wonderfully for months, now, at home and ambitious travels.

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG