What's new

How to alt crtl del on surface pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On the older TabletPC's there was a CRTL-ALT-Delete Key, but as aesthetics removed more and more buttons the switch to Windows Button and Power became the norm. First utilized on the Samsung Series 7 Slate which became the model for all future Windows Tablets.

deldalton

On the older TabletPC's there was a CRTL-ALT-Delete Key, but as aesthetics removed more and more buttons the switch to Windows Button and Power became the norm. First utilized on the Samsung Series 7 Slate which became the model for all future Windows Tablets.
Love this guy!

oion

Okay, Jeff.

What combinations of power/volume/haptic buttons do you know? Let me pick your brain, 'cause I might as well jot them down on a post-it note and stick it behind my kickstand. I probably won't remember them when I need to. :p

deldalton

Okay, Jeff.

What combinations of power/volume/haptic buttons do you know? Let me pick your brain, 'cause I might as well jot them down on a post-it note and stick it behind my kickstand. I probably won't remember them when I need to. :p
Or you could carefully etch it in with a compass ... ;)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Surface won't power down but stuck on a Black Screen:

Volume Rocker Up and Power Button - 10 Seconds
Wait 10 Seconds
Power Button - Surface wakes back up

Surface won't Power Up:

Volume Rocker Down + Power Button = Power Up

Advanced Boot-up from a powered down Surface:

Press and Hold Volume Rocker Up + Power Button + release both = Advanced UEFI Screen (Touch Screen should work, but you can also navigate via the Volume Rocker and Windows Key)

CTRL - ALT - Delete:

Windows Key + Power Button

Print Screen:

Volume Rocker Down + Windows Button

bluegrass

Windows Key + Power...
I"ve been ctr-alt-deleting it seems like all my life and now that I have this SP2 Pro 256, I never even wondered about it. Now I have to ask, why would you want to do a Ctr-Alt-Del on the Surface. I just tried the Windows Key & Power switch as jnjaroach suggested and my computer screen went blank. I had to press the power switch to get back and login again. A Ctr-Alt-Del combination on my desktop Windwos 7 computer takes me to a menu of choices such as locking the computer for one. Now what would you want to do with Ctl-Alt-Del on the Surface. There are several things that I'm use to doing with a keyboard that I can't do with the screen keyboard and when I run into one that is stopping me from working, I plug in my Type 2 keyboard and hack away.

Search tags for this page
control alt delete surface pro
ctrl alt del on surface
ctrl alt del on surface pro
ctrl alt del surface

ctrl alt del surface pro

ctrl alt del surface pro 3
ctrl alt delete surface pro
surface ctrl alt del
surface pro ctrl alt del
surface pro ctrl alt delete