What's new

Solved How to only ink with pen in Word/Office

nnthemperor

Run the program, it doesn't need installation, it puts a small customizable button on your screen that you can hold and move to scroll pages while writing with the pen

nnthemperor

I don't know how to add links on these forums so you might want to search "touch scrolling while pen inking PDF software" it's the thread where this is available on the tabletpcreview forums

Nagyn

Why should we need a third party App. It works perfectly fine in OneNote. I would expect it to work the same in all MS products.

Supposedly 2013 was designed around touch interface. It is obvious the programs didn't actually think about it too hard, the touch interface really doesn't work that well.

Troy

malberttoo

Why should we need a third party App. It works perfectly fine in OneNote. I would expect it to work the same in all MS products.

Supposedly 2013 was designed around touch interface. It is obvious the programs didn't actually think about it too hard, the touch interface really doesn't work that well.

Troy

Because in this case OneNote was made specifically for interaction on a touch and pen device, everything else in Office assuredly is not.

Office Gemeni (or whatever the real name ends up being) will be out soon, and it will run natively as a Modern app, so I would expect it to have much better touch and pen integration.

OP
L

Liam2349

Here's the thread.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/55901-touch-scrolling-while-pen-inking-pdf-software.html

I think you should really give it a try Liam. Visit the forum. It's exactly what you need. Let me know if it works for you. Its a great little program you can use with almost all the legacy windows Softwares.

Apologies for taking so long to respond - thanks for this tip. It does work pretty well as a workaround - something I can pin to my taskbar for quick launching.

jrhillma

Office Gemeni (or whatever the real name ends up being) will be out soon, and it will run natively as a Modern app, so I would expect it to have much better touch and pen integration.

Have you played with Gemini? I'm wondering if the metro apps offer the same functionality as the current O2013 desktop apps. I've formed the impression that the current metro OneNote is gimped compared to the desktop version, so I stay away from the metro UI.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The only people who have played with Gemini are internal to Microsoft or a very controlled group that are under a very scary NDA...

Last Spring we saw some of the interface when the MS Unified Inking Working Group released a session to YouTube that was quickly removed.

What we know is, using the "Touch First" version that is available for the iPad as the base, MS has said that the Windows version will offer more functionality and tighter integration but will have the a similar look and feel.