What's new

I think its having two chargers is a must

bluegrass

We always provide our laptop travelers with a 2nd power adapter so they don't need to crawl under their desk to unplug there power pack. I personally bought a second one for home and office. I don't like to buy on eBay that much. I do about 99 percent of my shopping on Amazon so I just checked for car adapters for a Surface 3 and they had plenty to choose from including the regular power packs.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
We always provide our laptop travelers with a 2nd power adapter so they don't need to crawl under their desk to unplug there power pack. I personally bought a second one for home and office. I don't like to buy on eBay that much. I do about 99 percent of my shopping on Amazon so I just checked for car adapters for a Surface 3 and they had plenty to choose from including the regular power packs.

Did you buy a 3rd party charger? Let us know your results.

wertzius

I bought two of the charging cables with 5.5mm plug. I use them with a powerpack and with an adapter and a normal cheap 12V harddisk power supply. Works flawlessly.
uploadfromtaptalk1418897686261.jpg

daniielrp

I don't have need for one, I treat it the same as my phone. Charge at bed time, and that full charge lasts me the day. I never take my charger to work, it always stays home. The only time my charger moves is if I'm staying over in a hotel or something similar.

B

B'midbar

@B'midbar
It weighs maybe 320g.

It is this Power bank: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022126
It discharges only to 3.2V per cell, so all cells are safe, but high capacity cells does'nt make sense. The 2600mAh Sanyos are the best choice in my opinion. You should know what you are doing, because of the 3s2p circuitry.

Hmmm... have had a PowerTraveller PowerGorilla in the past, but one of the big ones and it wasn't cheap. For the price of those Sanyo batteries with this unit though, for not much more I could do a MiniGorilla with all the tips, adapters and that weighs 265g. Think I'll start stalking them on eBay.

Thanks for the info.

Nuspieds

I never want to be out of juice where I'm computing, so I've got:
  • 1 in the Living Room;
  • 1 in the Master Bedroom (though that is primarily occupied by the SP1);
  • 2 in my Home Office (1 for the SP2 and a spare for the SP1, in those situations where I need both SPs);
  • 1 in my work laptop bag.

wertzius

I paid 45€ for the whole package, the Minigorilla costs more than twice that much. The Minigorilla has 9000mAh and my version has 15600mAh.