What's new

Solved IE 11 desktop don't change me anymore homepage

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

versions.jpg

I'm gonna now to remove avast latest version, and to try to find an older one..... otherwise bye bye avast, if is so hard to get control of my start page, if avast! is the responsible.

I think that around 1 month or a bit more ago I start to have this issue.. may be just exactly when I updated avast to 10, who knows, I will try this now. To downgrade, if it allow it.

olimjj

View attachment 4784

I'm gonna now to remove avast latest version, and to try to find an older one..... otherwise bye bye avast, if is so hard to get control of my start page, if avast! is the responsible.

I think that around 1 month or a bit more ago I start to have this issue.. may be just exactly when I updated avast to 10, who knows, I will try this now. To downgrade, if it allow it.
I personally do not use an anti-virus except for Windows Defender which is both an antimalware and antivirus program. I have had no issues using this only. In all likely hood your Avast startup programs are responsible.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

Nothing, uninstalled Avast!, was not him.

I tried many things, so the last antivirus/cleaner was Advanced Care 7... eliminated it, and now it works! Probabily some of the 100 featuers of ADC........ what to do now it works again. Was it responsible! Such popular software, don't know what was doing. I will update in 30/60 minutes if it works definetively or not.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I know but there was a discussion in this forum also, and a lot of people is agree that just windows defender can't be so safe, avast is blocking a lot of viruses coming via email for example, I'm not sure if windows defender can be so safe for me.

olimjj

Nothing, uninstalled Avast!, was not him.

I tried many things, so the last antivirus/cleaner was Advanced Care 7... eliminated it, and now it works! Probabily some of the 100 featuers of ADC........ what to do now it works again. Was it responsible! Such popular software, don't know what was doing. I will update in 30/60 minutes if it works definetively or not.
In reading your posts I did not pickup that you also had ADC installed. It also has browser protection settings. I am skeptical when one uses more than one antivirus/malware/care program. Never sure what conflicts might arise. I would still recommend you regularly implement the suggestions in the list I posted.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I had just installed both, but I only run avast! in real time, when I need to clean pc, I run ADC, CCcleaner, MalwareBytes etc. Sometime I forget to disable avast however.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

By the way, I was not using Advanced SystemCare 7 since years, I was not aware or such tools that could create that issue. May will be common so this issue to other users, hope this will help to somebody else.