What's new

Is there an app to block ads in metro IE?

kristalsoldier

I have found that to a great extent the tracking protection lists that you can add via the Add-on section on IE (in the desktop environment) helps deal with the ads.

oion

The procedure seems to have changed bit with IE11, specifically that the settings reside in Metro IE11:
An update for 8.1 users (especially RT since you don't have a choice of browser):

I couldn't figure how to enable Tracking Protection Lists in the IE11 browser on desktop, because desktop mode is normally where all the settings reside; the Safety > Turn on Tracking Protection option wouldn't stick.

Apparently that setting has moved to Metro IE11. In Metro IE11, swipe from the right and choose Settings > Privacy. You'll be able to add TPLs from the Metro browser, which enables predefined content blocking. The settings apply also to the desktop IE11. I ended up installing three of the lists just because. I don't see ads on this forum anymore, on my Surface. :p

Metro IE11 includes new Downloads list and Tracking Protection features | WinBeta

olimjj

I would love one!
Don't know if this is a bit late but,
some things you might want to try, some of which might have been suggested in the previous posts:
In Desktop IE11
under Tools in Command Bar -go to internet options -privacy-advanced-put check in box for override automatic cookie settings--third party cookies- block
under Tools- Manage Add-Ons-Tracking Protection- Get tracking protection lists online

In Metro IE
press Windows key then I key
under settings go to Privacy
select from given choices

Last edited:

raqball

In Metro IE
press Windows key then I key
under settings go to Privacy
select from given choices
This worked great and took all of 10 seconds. I selected the Easy Privacy List and it works great!

Thanks for posting this! :)

Search tags for this page
adblock for ie metro

adblock ie metro

adblock ie11 metro
adblock internet explorer metro
adblock metro ie
block ads ie metro
ie metro adblock
ie11 metro adblock
internet explorer metro adblock
metro ie adblock