What's new

I've done the unthinkable...

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a void if removed sticker over one of the screws. It's not Apple warranty its a company selling refurbs.

VickiFL

Congrats on your purchase. I recently "went over to the dark side" myself. I switched from a Galaxy Note 4 to an iPhone 6s. I bought an iPad mini 4, and an Apple Watch. (I still use both my Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3. I also still use my Microsoft Band, although it's not playing nice with my iPhone)

So far, I'm happy using both Apple and Microsoft products, and it sounds like you are as well. :)

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I wouldn't say I've "gone over" to Apple. I have a MacBook yes which means my signature line isn't quite true but it is true that I couldn't go back full time to a standard laptop. The Mac is a nice device - especially for the age of it, but the OS feels quite limited now versatility wise anyway. I'm still trying to figure out a reason to keep it. There is none I've found yet, I haven't found anything on it that makes me think "I couldnt' do without this", but at the same time the experience is good, it's just not good enough for me to think "Heck I'm dumping my Surface and PC"... It's a good experience and quite cool having both though for a while.

CrippsCorner

There's no reason why we can't enjoy both!

I have a Surface Pro and iPhone
My girlfriend used to have an iMac and Windows Phone :)

I think the new little MacBook is a gorgeous looking thing, it's just a shame about the one USB-C port. Sure it's the future, but we don't live in the future lol, we live in the present! Microsoft will always win OS wise for me but you can't deny Apple is the originator of beautiful hardware.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, the MacBook is good. I learned a bit about a new system and my experiment worked as now I've proved that for the time being I actually have no use for the Mac other than being a comfortable thing to sit with on the sofa and surf, but that's no different to any windows laptop (the Surface I will admit is less comfortable on the lap in laptop mode - though I do still love using that way).

Not sure what to do with it now. I may just sell it, but I'll hang on to it for a little while longer just in case something comes up which I might find better to use the Mac for (programming wise).

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if you do decide to sell... another thing Apple hardware is amazing at, is holding its value! :)

This much is true, but equally I'd never have paid the amount I did for the mac for an equivalent age PC.... it was probably 2-3x more!!