What's new

Solved I've Lost My On-Screen Keyboard

AlexJV

I just un-docked my SP4 to use it as a tablet device and couldn't find the on screen keyboard. It usually pops up automatically when I want to type something, and if it doesn't, there's always been a keyboard icon on the right-hand side of the taskbar that would bring it up. Any ideas where it's gone?

Hit the Control+Windows+O button combination - OR - Go to Ease of Access Settings (Win+U) and check your Keyboard Settings there. Or hit Win+R and type in "OSK" (No Quotes) and hit enter.

I realize this doesn't fix the lack of an Automatic Appearance - But take a look at the attached picture. Ensure your On-Scree-Keyboard is set to turn on Automatically - let us know if this fixes your OSK Issue.

Hope this Helps,

Mike

Attachments

• Keyboard.PNG
    Keyboard.PNG
    324.3 KB · Views: 604
Hit the Control+Windows+O button combination - OR - Go to Ease of Access Settings (Win+U) and check your Keyboard Settings there. Or hit Win+R and type in "OSK" (No Quotes) and hit enter.

I realize this doesn't fix the lack of an Automatic Appearance - But take a look at the attached picture. Ensure your On-Scree-Keyboard is set to turn on Automatically - let us know if this fixes your OSK Issue.

Hope this Helps,

Mike

Thanks Mike. I checked the Devices settings (in the typing sub-section) and found that "Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached" was turned off. This has fixed the issue.

Thanks Mike. I checked the Devices settings (in the typing sub-section) and found that "Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached" was turned off. This has fixed the issue.

Sweet - Glad it works for you now.

Back