What's new

Just joined.

Deckyon

I have been in the computer field since '94. I have worked with nearly every desktop and server OS out there, but most of my corporate life has been split between Windows and IRIX (SGI). At home I have 2 Mac computers - MBP 17" and a MacMini running my media center (Apple TV and iTunes - and they run flawlessly). As for mobile devices, I have an iPad and an iPhone. Yeah, you can say I drank the Koolade, but hey, as they say, the stuff just works. I am still working on Windows 7 at work (corporate standard here), but have not really gotten any experience with Windows 8.

Now, today, on a whim, I purchased the 256GB Titanium Surface Pro 2 with Type KB Cover. Haven't picked it up yet, but that will be happening tonight when I get off work. To be 100% honest, I wanted something that I could easily travel with and play a couple games that are not possible on the iPad. I love my MBP but for short trips it is not the easiest to pack up. I never go anywhere without my iPad, but I cannot play some of the games I want to on it. Not looking for a graphics power house, but just to get my fix while traveling.

I was never impressed with the original Surface Pro. However the 2 has gotten my eye so I wanted to see what it was like. Played a little with it over the weekend at BestBuy and liked the response. Time will tell, but I think it will be a good machine and will share my mobile case with my iPad.

Look forward to learning more about both the Surface and Windows 8. And I really do like playing with different OS's.

OP
Deckyon

Deckyon

Thanks for the welcome. I have only been using it for a little while, but so far, so good. I am sure I will have questions, but so far, so good.

OP
Deckyon

Deckyon

It will be fine. So far, so good. The only thing I am having issues with is I keep using iOS gestures. 4 years with an iPad will get your fingers trained.

Dim-Ize

Welcome aboard, Deckyon! Great decision to join and purchase your new device.

P.S. I love, Louisville, KY. Lots of family there in the Taylorsville, Rd. & Bardstown Road area. Many, many, many memories there.