What's new

longer adapter cable for Surface Book

BearFlag

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
158
Points
18
Location
California
My Device
Surface Book
Does anyone know of any after market power adapters for the SB, which have a longer cable from the adapter to the SB?

I know there are ones with longer cords from the outlet to the adapter but I can't seem to find any with a longer cable from the adapter to the Surface Book.

I found this one on Amazon with good reviews but can't tell if the cable is actually longer: https://www.amazon.com/Egoway®-Adap...78908211&sr=8-6&keywords=surface+book+charger
 
The item to search for is "Figure 8" cord, non-polarized.
The 6 foot cord for the Apple TV works perfectly. BestBuy markets the one pictured.

AppleTV_Power_Figure_8_6_feet_2M.jpg
 
The item to search for is "Figure 8" cord, non-polarized.
The 6 foot cord for the Apple TV works perfectly. BestBuy markets the one pictured.

BearFlag is trying to find a way of making the other cable longer, the one with the magnetic connector on it.

I imagine the only way is going to be a slice and splice job unless there is some 3rd party option from China etc.
 
BearFlag is trying to find a way of making the other cable longer, the one with the magnetic connector on it.

I imagine the only way is going to be a slice and splice job unless there is some 3rd party option from China etc.

Exactly I'm hoping for some aftermarket adapters that have a longer cord for the magnetic connector.
 
just cut the cable and splice in the extra length you want and seal it up with heat shrink tubing.
 
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong splicing power cables for high-end electronic devices?
 
Back
Top