What's new

Solved Lots of Slop in My Kickstand (Video)

DXL007

Mine has about a half inch of play once it reaches the point where it catches resistance. Is that about what everyone else experiences? The whole hing is plastic and I would think will get a little loose over time.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thought i'd ask here instead of start a new thread. Just took delivery of mine, and am going over it to make sure i'm satisfied with the build, and i've noticed with the kickstand, that at any position i set it, if i lift the tablet up, there is about 3-5mm of wiggle. The hinge stays in the right position, and it doesn't efefct it when in use, but it just seems bit "cheap" due to this little bit of wiggle. Is this normal?

double07

@OP, mine is pretty much like your original one. I don't want to exchange it as I am afraid I will get the new one what has more serious issue than the kick-stand.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want to return mine because I've waited too long to have to just put it straight back in the box :eek: The service rep is telling me it might sort itself out over time, but I think ill just play with this for a week then return for replacement

bluegrass

My kickstand is rock solid no matter the angle. It's actually a bit hard to move even when I want to.

A small amount of wiggle is normal. I think the kickstand kicks butt and is an engineering marvel. I'm an engineering kind of guy and I can't imagine how to make such an animal.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet the guy on the end of the conversation said he had had one for a month and his did not have this feature. Fully open, there is a full centimeter of slack. Hold your hand out fingers up, bend your middle finger down as far as you can, and flick the fingertip, that's what my kickstand is like. If i pick it up from fully open i can easily hear it drop. I'm just going to keep it though, it does the job, and if it fails, it'll be covered. As it is, i#ve used my nexus 10 every day on my couch for 2 years, and had no complaints, this kick stand though, it makes me realize i've been blind all this time :)