What's new

Solved Noisy kickstand

Liam2349

And they're reconditioned for a reason.. :/

The freeze this morning just turned out to be a seperate thing, something acceptable, all tablets and such have a tendancy to do this here and there. I'm actually just considering keeping it til it breaks and then send it back. My issues do not actually cause any loss of usability.

Unfortunately As of tomorrow I will live there :( gonna be 3 pretty crap years, but ah well, compromises had to be made.

And It's nothing to do with toughness, even the toughest cut of meat can be cooked till tender if you know how. To me it's the flavour. I had the same experience with some pork i got from lidl when it was something like 900g of loin slices for £3 on one of these 1/2 price weekends, and well, it tasted of absolutely nothing. I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to quality of food (although i won't lie, possibly due to being a chef, but for me there is no better burger than a mcdonalds beef burger :D)

Well I differ from most in the sense that I don't eat for pleasure, I do my very best to eat solely for the nutrients my body needs to get stronger - of course I have binged sometimes, but even then I try to stick to meats. If I don't eat clean foods, I never feel good.

My mother thinks it's a boring way to do things, but it's right for me.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is what is great about food though :) It does many things for many people. I love chicken because it is versatile and so tasty, Bob loves chicken because it's a perfect body building food :)

I eat purely for pleasure. But my body has adapted so that i rarely have to eat, as bizarre as it is. I regularly go days without eating because I just don't feel the need. I'm not in any way anorexic or such, i just seem to be able happily go days without eating. Even when pulling silly hours in a hot kitchen I'd have a banana for breakfast and then wait til i got home at midnight to have a meal. I come from a family tree of very tall thin ahtletic types; marathon runners and all that lot. Who knows. But it's interesting to hear peoples reactions to my fast then feast lifestyle. Noone can agree, half say good lord that is really bad for you while the others say wow you're going to live to a ripe old age.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh. Just had a thought by the way. I powered the device off, and replicated the process. The noise still exists. Now I know that simply powering down the device does not mean the battery isn't inside this metal body full of charge; however I'm now thinking it the sound is also that of something "pulling away" eeeeever so slightly. Imagine really slowly pulling velcro apart, only that the noise made was as quiet as a mouse, but still audible if your ear was a centimeter away.

Either way, something is going on :D

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Solved.

The narrow silver strip along the inside of the kickstand, where it meets the tablet. It is indeed the sound of that pulling away, allowing the kickstand to bend in the middle and make horrible noises as more material starts to separate. So scratch last thought, I shall be arranging a new replacement tomorrow.

To me, analysing how it happens, it seems that it is caused by, and almost an inevitability of altering the kickstands position via the middle of the kickstand, not the edges. Pretty cheap to basically just use some glue and tape to keep the kickstand rigid.

daniielrp

I couldn't care one bit about the nutrition :)

As much as i love it, chicken, steak, and tuna are all far too expensive to be in any way a regular part of my diet. I'm not going to spend an hours wages on one sirloin steak.

You should, future you will thank you for it.

Last edited: