What's new

Love it but it keeps freezing

leeshor

Agreed. I'm going to close the Edge browser completely while I'm on Firefox to see if that helps.
I don't have any more problems with Firefox on my SP4 than I do on my Win7 desktop. I think one of the keys is that I have AdBlock Plus instatlled on Firefox. May people have made Edge behave better by adding a modified (ad blocking) host file to their system.

LRB

I don't have any more problems with Firefox on my SP4 than I do on my Win7 desktop. I think one of the keys is that I have AdBlock Plus instatlled on Firefox. May people have made Edge behave better by adding a modified (ad blocking) host file to their system.

I have an Adblock alternative for Edge. The screen freezing issue just started a few days ago out of the blue.

As I mentioned, I use Firefox and rather than download and install Flash from the Adobe website, try a flash plug-in instead. I am still going through each of the plug-ins available to see if any make a difference, and a couple have, just don't ask me yet what one's!

Telstar1948

I finally went with FireFox a while back for both my SP3 and Note3 so browser items would sync, and because Chrome has a reputation I decided to avoid.

I've got an S3 now, and I've had it a little over a week. It's froze one time only. I was in FireFox just scrolling down the page on, I think, this forum or another, and it froze. Nothing else was being used when this occurred. I believe this is a continuing issue with Windows 10 and drivers.

My S3 locked up four times, yes, FOUR times within an hour. This time I was aware of what was open as I was updating my player rosters for Madden 16. Firefox was open on a team page that was displaying the roster, and LibreOffice was open as that is where my database is located.

I have a problem when on the NFL.com site with an unresponsive script, but other than that, no other problems exist. Fortunately, as the freezing happens randomly, LO 'saves' any changes made since the last save.

My S3 froze again today. At 1.29pm, all I had open was my browser, and was in the middle of writing a comment to a news article. I am now on my desktop.

Telstar1948

I have to say, I've only had this freeze issue 2 maybe 3 times since I bought my S3, and each time it's been obvious that it is a display driver issue. That means it is a Windows 10 issue and not a S3 issue per se.

Have you tried a reset? I apologize if you have and stated that earlier; I missed it if you did.

Every Windows problem is software related as Microsoft insist that faulty software be released, then when all the error reports start coming in, start releasing fixes.

dmanuele

Old thread, but mine (purchased on 12/24/15) freezes a lot- usually while using Edge. The touchscreen keyboard also freezes on-screen and won't close. Only solution for either issue is a reboot. I love the Surface, but these issues definitely detract from the experience. The worst part is it seems to be random. Some sessions are great. Other times I have to reboot half a dozen times.

Turbo4AWD

Old thread, but mine (purchased on 12/24/15) freezes a lot- usually while using Edge. The touchscreen keyboard also freezes on-screen and won't close. Only solution for either issue is a reboot. I love the Surface, but these issues definitely detract from the experience. The worst part is it seems to be random. Some sessions are great. Other times I have to reboot half a dozen times.
What firmware version do you have installed?