What's new

Lump in center of screen?

raqball

Today was the 1st time using the pen. I was drawing in OneNote and noticed the screen is not flat.

My screen has a large lump / hump / bump in the center area. It's very noticeable when using the pen but not noticeable using normal finger touch and interaction.

Is this normal?

kundas1

You too are jumping on the "my screen isn't flat" bandwagon? LOL well too answer your question, no its not normal as mine is flat and smooth, maybe you should contact MS for a replacement?

OP
raqball

raqball

LOL... :p

Ya I didn't figure it was normal but figured I'd ask. I went online and did the advance replacement thing.

Oddly, it said it would charge a hold on my card for $999 and not the $1299 that I paid for the i5 / 256. Hope they ship me the right SP3.

Last edited:

olimjj

You have had some bad luck with your units; legitimately I might add. Don't mean to make a joke of an annoying and serious situation, but could it be that you are too close to Cupertino California.

wynand32

LOL... :p

Ya I didn't figure it was normal but figured I'd ask. I went online and did the advance replacement thing.

Oddly, it said it would charge a hold on my card for $999 and not the $1299 that I paid for the i5 / 256. Hope they ship me the right SP3.

They did the same when they shipped me an advanced replacement. Seemed odd, but it was the right SP3.

OP
raqball

raqball

They did the same when they shipped me an advanced replacement. Seemed odd, but it was the right SP3.

Awesome.. I just got off the phone and she also said that's normal and that they cap the hold at $999.99 no matter which model you have.. So I assume if someone had the i7 / 512 they would also only get the 1K hold..

OP
raqball

raqball

You have had some bad luck with your units; legitimately I might add. Don't mean to make a joke of an annoying and serious situation, but could it be that you are too close to Cupertino California.
It's cool..

The other was the fan or so the tech at the MS store said. On that one he said the fan was not ramping up.

I would have not even noticed the lump on this one if I had not wanted to play with the pen.

No big deal really. I guess I was just due as it's been forever since I've had any electronics issues. Fingers crossed for the replacement to be the end.. :)

cemian

Awesome.. I just got off the phone and she also said that's normal and that they cap the hold at $999.99 no matter which model you have.. So I assume if someone had the i7 / 512 they would also only get the 1K hold..

do you have a link to do an advanced replacement? I would like to look into it...thanks