What's new

Microsoft OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) - Free 100GB if you login soon...

tarrant64

Puzzle was released a little bit ago from Microsoft's OneDrive team with the following information. If you login around 2:11PM ET today and you are one of the first 100,000 to do so you will get a free 100GB upgrade to your OneDrive account for a year. Just a heads up.:) Thought it may help those out who use it heavily (I'm starting to more and more)...

Source: https://twitter.com/onedrive

Last edited:
OP
tarrant64

tarrant64

It appears some people are also getting additional emails from onedrive if you signed up for information about it earlier. I just got an email for "just in cased I missed out on 100GB" (which I didn't) - it came with an additional 20GB free for a year code.

kundas1

Where do we sign in?

Edit: ok I signed in but no extra 100gb... how do we know if we get it or not?

Last edited:
OP
tarrant64

tarrant64

Well it has passed now unfortunately, according to the email i just got it was all gone within that first hour if not less. But this is for skydrive/onedrive so if you have an account you would just login to your OneDrive account - https://onedrive.live.com/

DNP

Just curious, but since I haven't activated the free 2-year Skydrive 200GB coupon I would assume it's still valid, but is now going to be for Onedrive?

Thanks for posting the info...

macmee

Starting to depend on skydrive more as well because of all the free storage they gave us with our surface, whereas I think I have a pathetic 2gb free with dropbox.

Shame it's only for several years though.

CreativeLemming

Starting to depend on skydrive more as well because of all the free storage they gave us with our surface, whereas I think I have a pathetic 2gb free with dropbox.

Shame it's only for several years though.

Been paying for Google drive (100GB) storage for coming up to 2 years now, and now Microsoft have at last released an Android One(Sky)Drive app that does automatic camera backup have just archived my 65GB of GDrive storage and beginning the transfer over to One(Sky)Drive.

Will leave my Drive folder pointing to my One(Sky)Drive Folder to sync the two for a couple of days until I'm sure that I'm happy to make the switch, then will be cancelling my Google subscription. More than happy to pay M$ for the privilege in a couple of years once the free term runs out.

...of course, have everything backed up to my own private NAS as well, can't completely rely on cloud storage for the important stuff.

CrippsCorner

I only just found out about being able to use Office Online for free... bloody awesome, might have to drop OpenOffice!