What's new

Play Overwatch for Free This Weekend

Maura

Play Overwatch for free this weekend.JPG

If you’re someone who hasn’t yet got around to playing Overwatch, now would be a really great time to see what all the fuss is about and get hooked like the other 30 million of us, as for this weekend only the game is free to play, right through until 8:59 CEST on May 29. PC Gamer writes that those playing the game for free during this trial period will have access to all the heroes available in the game, as well as all maps, in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the latest Weekly Brawl. Should you then decide you want to buy the game, all your progress during the trial will be carried over.

During the trial period you’ll also get to participate in the special Anniversary Event celebrating the fact that the game was released a year ago. The Anniversary Event runs until June 12, and includes new maps and character skins, as well as loot boxes with anniversary goodies, including 11 Legendary skins.

However, PC Gamer writes that the launch of the Overwatch Anniversary Event has attracted some complaints from the fans about the fact that according to Overwatch Reddit, the anniversary goodies cost more than 56,000 credits to buy in total. Overwatch game director Jeff Kaplan posted a message on the Overwatch forum to let the fans know that he was aware of the situation, saying, “I just wanted to acknowledge that we’ve been following the threads about the loot box rewards as they pertain to the anniversary events, other events and loot boxes in general. The feedback and suggestions have been helpful to us. We had a really great discussion yesterday about the feedback we’ve been hearing this week. While I don’t have any immediate action items to report, I thought it was important for you to know that we are listening.”

Sources: You Can Play 'Overwatch' For Free This Weekend

Jeff Kaplan acknowledges Overwatch Anniversary Event loot box complaints | PC Gamer