What's new

Microsoft Reveals Pricing for Surface Pro Tablets; Start at $899 Coming in January

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
surface-pro-win-8.png

Microsoft officially shared the full pricing details and launch timeframe of their new Surface Pro Super-tablets. The 64GB version of the Surface Pro will be $899 and the 128GB model will launch at $999. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Both tablets come with the Surface pen using Palm Block technology which allows the screen to recognize the pen as an input but won't recognize a palm touch. The pair also support the Touch Cover ($119.99) with its flat, touch-sensitive QWERTY, and the Type Cover ($129.99) which employs a more traditional QWERTY with raised keys.

While on the outside the Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro tablets resemble the less expensive Microsoft Surface RT device, inside the Pro is powered by a Intel Core i5 processor which the Redmond based manufacturer says will provide a graphics boost for the 1,920-by-1,080 display. A USB 3.0 port is on the device.

This same launch info shares that the tablets will arrive in January of next year, although an exact date was not revealed. What do you guys think? Are these good prices on what are essentially hybrids between tablets and ultrabooks, or is this just a bit too high?

Source: PhoneArena

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
I think it's a good Price - even if Microsoft makes such an amount of Profit like with the Surface RT. It's more of a realistic pricing than the Atom-devices (sry HP, but even if your Envy has a nice quality, 8xx bucks are just ...). Compared to the Macbook Air it has some drawbacks, but also some good Point, liek the 1080p Touchscreen with active digitizer or just the fact, that you're able to disconnect the Keyboard. And instead of Thunderbolt you have a display-port. Compared to other ultrabooks - i really don't know, because it appears to me, that a good one is starting at the same price range.