What's new

Microsoft SP3 Bundle...really???

Feoen

I bought this bundle in the Microsoft Store the day after the Surface Pro 3 was released. This did not screw over early adopters, as I am one.

Also, the manager was nice enough to stack the bundle bonus with my educational discount. I was super happy with my purchase.

benjitek

megatronium

I'd feel bad had I not ordered the i7 model and got the student discount. It also looks like the bundle is available with proof of purchase of a sp3 which would make the bundle "backwards compatible".

OP
JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz

I'd feel bad had I not ordered the i7 model and got the student discount. It also looks like the bundle is available with proof of purchase of a sp3 which would make the bundle "backwards compatible".
But not if you bought everything already......:(

jedge

Eh, it would have saved me $50 tops.

It's really true of any technology purchase you make, TV, computer, game console, etc... once you pick something and buy it, DON'T look back.

Sliksock

Eh, it would have saved me $50 tops.

It's really true of any technology purchase you make, TV, computer, game console, etc... once you pick something and buy it, DON'T look back.

I wouldn't agree with the "don't look back" philosophy. I bought a full laptop a while ago while it was on sale at Best Buy, and just about 2 weeks later the sale price dropped by another $35.00. I had watched it on their website and I was able to get the difference back as a refund. The key is to keep an eye on it during the time when it might actually make a difference. As for the bundle above, it would have cost me more than I spent to get mine anyway.

yonghong

I feel bad , Canada MS store bundle are even better. When you buy SP3 + office 360,you can get $150 off, let say office 360 price is $80, so normally you get office free plus $70 discount , all these can have students 10% discount! stupid MS get more pay less, who would do that, only MS.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't agree with the "don't look back" philosophy. I bought a full laptop a while ago while it was on sale at Best Buy, and just about 2 weeks later the sale price dropped by another $35.00. I had watched it on their website and I was able to get the difference back as a refund. The key is to keep an eye on it during the time when it might actually make a difference. As for the bundle above, it would have cost me more than I spent to get mine anyway.
Agreed. While you shouldn't look back, as it will often lead to regret, you should still keep your eyes open. I ordered a couple of kitchen knives about a year ago, and I was pleased, I got a great deal and managed to get them for 300 pounds, but had to wait for restock. Just after receiving them I was dismayed to see an extra 50 pounds off in a sale, so I emailed them and offered them a choice of either having me return them, and then re-buy at the cheaper price, or simply give me a partial refund to cover the saving :)

Geneo

If you're waiting for something to go on sale, you'll never get it.
It was worth it to you at the time, so how did you get screwed?