What's new

My color calibration profile for my surface pro.

J515OP

Super Moderator
If I installed this color profile, could i go back to the original?
Easily?

I've never messed with color profiles before so I don't know about them and how to change them,etc. etc.

I just downloaded it and saw it said Samsung. Wouldn't it make a difference which monitor(s) it was applied to?
I have one ASUS 24" main monitor and one ViewSonic 22 " secondary monitor.

Wouldn't different video cards change things too?

This will only work for the screen on the Surface Pro itself. Monitors would need to be calibrated separately. The same video card is in all the Surface Pros so that isn't an issue. If you are trying to apply a profile to different PCs then like the monitors you will need to do it on a case by case basis.

Arizona Willie

My bad, I was eating and my eye teeth couldn't see what i was saying! :(

My brain was certainly dis-engaged. Of course the color profile would only be for the Surface. And should work for all Surface.
Complete brain fart.
Sorry.

This will only work for the screen on the Surface Pro itself. Monitors would need to be calibrated separately. The same video card is in all the Surface Pros so that isn't an issue. If you are trying to apply a profile to different PCs then like the monitors you will need to do it on a case by case basis.

reviving this thread.. anyone try the file listed above? I am going to give it a try in a bit... I have a spyder4 and before running it my screen was too bright. Using LightRoom I edited a picture RAW file of a guy walking a dog outside. It looked good on my SP2 after the edit but after looking at it on another monitor it was super bright and the guy and dog looked like they were walking on the air...

after setting what looked good on my SP2
you can see how much brighter it is.. way too bright but looked like the next one

IMG_9968 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

so this was after I re-edited the pic and lowered the exposure and made it very dark on my SP2

IMG_9968 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr