What's new

Need powered USB 3.0 hub for continuous use

stlbud

I need a USB 3.o hub that can power 2 or 3 hard drives and be used continuously. I've tried this Micro Center - Computers and Electronics and this Micro Center - Computers and Electronics . Both worked fine for 3 or 4 weeks then died. The Inland is recognized by the computer but nothing plugged into it is recognized. The Targus still works with a flash device but can't reliably power a hard drive. Because the power was intermittent it destroyed the contents on one of the hard drives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

leeshor

I'm surprised the Targus didn't work. I've been using Belkin and Trendnet powered 3.0 hubs without any issues.

ScottyS

I first got a Satechi 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub (9 Port USB 3.0 + 1 iPad Charging Port) 5 Volt, 5 Amp which worked great for a couple of years and then the innards of the main USB in became dislodged from the circuit board. It was useless. I got a AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 12V/3A power adapter for nearly 1/2 the price and it works great. It powers 2 HDs, a keyboard and mouse wireless USB receiver, charges my iPhone and more.

bluegrass

Since the Microsoft's new docking station has a hunk of a power supply, with 4 USB ports on board, I wonder if it wouldn't server multiple purposes for you and be a reliable hub for you external disk drives?