What's new

New Surface RT vs iPad Commercial

machistmo

Are you looking for QXGA resolution, then yep iPad is your only bet. Could also get a 15 inch Macbook and go for that even better 8:5 and eliminate all those other tablets once and for all. :p Of course you could just say, I am getting an iPad because I want one and not claim its resolution is the sole reason you are getting it. It is ok to want an iPad, youre in good company with millions of teenagers everywhere!

kristalsoldier

I think you are missing the point here. I am looking for portability, which I will not get with a standard laptop (ultrabook etc.). If I could, then my idea machine would have either been the ThinkPad X series (a form factor which I have extensively used before and which I greatly appreciate) or the ThinkPad Carbon (new version). Whether it is OK or not to get an iPad is really irrelevant for me. Insofar as I am concerned, it will serve a purpose, which no other tablet (or tablet-like device) will serve.

machistmo

Are you suggesting that the current benchmark in ultra light, ultra portable computing - the Mac book - is not portable? Steve Job's ghost will haunt you now!

kristalsoldier

Are you suggesting that the current benchmark in ultra light, ultra portable computing - the Mac book - is not portable? Steve Job's ghost will haunt you now!

I really don't care about Jobs' (or anyone else's, for that matter) sentiments, with all due respect. My perspective in all this is purely utilitarian. And, no, laptops won't work for me. If they did, then I would not be in the market for tablets.