What's new

Notifications on RT

Boran

It seems that not many people are having the issue I do so any help is appreciated.
If I lock my Surface RT, which is constantly connected to WIFI, I do receive emil on screen notifications , but not direct messages in People Hub, which is linked to Facebook and Twitter accounts.
On example , RT is locked, I unlock it and no new instant message notification displayed on Messaging Tile(I would expect to se number of new messages on the hub). Once I click on Messaging Tile it opens and is in status of synchronising and than I see mesages posted to me, usualy via Facebook.
Thank you
Boran

ArnoldC

I don't think the People app support the Facebook push-notification. But my Messages app, constantly pop-up incoming messages.

OP
B

Boran

I don't think the People app support the Facebook push-notification. But my Messages app, constantly pop-up incoming messages.
Hi
Thank you for reply, I made mistake when I said People Hub, I meant Messaging Hub. I need to open Messaging Hub to see if I got new messgaes from FB.
Boran

OP
B

Boran

Hi T
I have dont that, notifications are enabled.
I am not at Surface right now, just thinking I might need to have large tile for notifications to be displayed, probbably not, but I have Messaging Tile in small size.
B

ArnoldC

Messaging notifies via a pop-up on the upper right hand, and shows the number of new messages on the tile, even when set to small.

OP
B

Boran

Thanks Arnold
So it is not that then, I will play with it tonight and see if I can figure out what could be.
Thanks again

drowe

Look at the lock screen settings. I seem to recall when I set up my mail I had to set it to show notifications on the lock screen so it would work in the background.

Search tags for this page
facebook notifications on surface rt
how to get message notifications on facebook on rt
how-to set notifications on surface
notifications hub for windows rt

notifications on surface rt

notifications surface rt
rt notifications
stop scrolling app notifications on surface tablet
surface rt facebook notifications

surface rt notifications

Members online