What's new

OFFICIAL I pre-ordered my Surface Pro 3

suprafly

I live in the US and core i7 512 ssd with 8gb does not come out until Aug 31st. Since the SP3 only has one USB 3.0 i will need more ports for all my accessories, and I think the docking station would be nice to have.

bwlandu

Pre-ordered yesterday from the Micorosft Canada Store as both BB and FS here in Canada were showing 8/31 as the ship date for the i7's. When i checked my MS Store account today, it shows the i7 256Gb as 'backordered' so perhaps the 8/31 date is realistic :(

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed the SP3 arrives sooner than later as my Dark Blue Type Cover has already shipped. It'll be painful to have a keyboard for 6 weeks without a device to use it on :)

Same here, ordered on 6-20 (black type cover and i7 256gb) and the type cover shipped right away. My i7 still shows it will ship by 8-1 (I'm in the U.S.); I kind of wished they would have shipped everything together only because if there is an issue with the type cover it will be well over 30 days but I would think they could look up my order and realize I haven't even been able to use it.

Heddok

I ordered i7-256 through the Microsoft Store Canada and my account shows "Ship by Aug 1st"

Got the type cover and it's not much fun hitting the keys and nothing happening

Dan Forker

Now I'm really conflicted. I had decided to just go purchase a Pro 3 with the I5 chip but yesterday I started seeing posts about the Broadwell chip showing up yet this year. So many rumors. Before the Pro 3 announcement the internet was full of speculation that the Pro 3 would have the Tegra K1 chip and then it comes out with the Haswell chip. Really want and need the extra battery life and if there's a reasonable expectation that the Broadwell chip will show up this year yet I might as well wait. I will be using the Pro mostly as a replacement for my laptop and by remote to my workstation at the office. I understand that the Broadwell chip doesn't increase speed that significantly but battery life is really important to me. I know that whatever I do it will be replaced with something faster and better in months. Should I wait for more info on the Broadwell availability or not. what to do?

dstrauss

... I will be using the Pro mostly as a replacement for my laptop and by remote to my workstation at the office. I understand that the Broadwell chip doesn't increase speed that significantly but battery life is really important to me. I know that whatever I do it will be replaced with something faster and better in months. Should I wait for more info on the Broadwell availability or not. what to do?

With the Apple rumor mill working overtime wringing its hands about possible delay of the 12" MacBook (Air/Pro) Retina Broadwell until 2015, I think it is very unlikely you'll see a Broadwell Surface Pro 4 before Windows 9/Threshold next April. If you can afford to wait, I suppose so, but my be is no news on Broadwell for many months to come.

suprafly

I just took my sp3 to Starbucks coffee shop and sat at the lounge table and I must say this is a lot easier then carrying a laptop. When it comes to reading e-books it's a breeze in portrait mode.

be77solo

Curious, has anyone that pre-ordered an i7 version from the Microsoft Store online had their credit card charged yet? I was hoping they'd ship these earlier so we'd receive them 8/1 like they did for i5 pre-orders (arrived on 6/20), but seems they'd need to start the charging process soon for that to happen.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious, has anyone that pre-ordered an i7 version from the Microsoft Store online had their credit card charged yet? I was hoping they'd ship these earlier so we'd receive them 8/1 like they did for i5 pre-orders (arrived on 6/20), but seems they'd need to start the charging process soon for that to happen.
Not yet but I'm in UK. still says 28th for me..:-(

lcavada

I preordered the i5 the day they went available. The way Microsoft did it was they authorized my card for the full amount initially. A few days later the authorization went away. On 6/19 i received confirmation the SP3 had been shipped via UPS ground. And credit card Charged.

Lucky for me the unit was shipped from PA, and UPS ground is basically overnight :)

So i got the unit on 6/20.

tonypitt

I ordered in mid-June. No sign of a charge yet for the device.