What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well having updated, lots of problems. Todays first encounters are drawboard no longer opening, but also this, which is rather annoying..

Happen every time. Whether I shake drawboard, or file explorer.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have had really bad artifacting in onenote 2016, to the extent that half the screen is tearing and kittering from side to side, this follows up with the whole machine locking up (while artifacts continue to be active) requiring a hard shut down. Upon restarting and opening onenote, exactly the same. Forced to use the mobile version for now.
This was one of the bugs listed that some UWA can't open.... hopefully an update fixes this soon

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was one of the bugs listed that some UWA can't open.... hopefully an update fixes this soon

Fingers crossed it is soon! And it goes beyond opening, they can't be installed either. Just sits there all day attempting to acquire license.

Compusmurf

I'd rather have UWA apps not working than the dreaded SP4 input device lockup bug that's still hanging around. It's gotten "better". Now it only happens to me when on battery.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else experiencing the screen simply turning off and the machine locking up requiring a hard reboot? No warning or anything, just looking at a onenote (mobile, can no longer use desktop as it just causes the machine to artifact and then lock up after a minute or two of use) page and bam. This is occuring following the resent batch of driver/firmware updates, as well as before.

Compusmurf

Yup. fairly common Hughlle. I'm praying for an update or I'm considering leaving the insider. Last 3 builds have had this issue.

wynand32

Yup. fairly common Hughlle. I'm praying for an update or I'm considering leaving the insider. Last 3 builds have had this issue.

Is that the known issue talked about in one of the earlier Insider builds? I've been waiting for Microsoft to explicitly state that the issue has been resolved before even thinking about trying another Insider build.

Compusmurf

Yes, it's the same issue where some combo of input causes your machine to lock up. For me, it's on battery, using the pen. On power it's fine all friggen day long. They probably won't state it's fixed, it'll just happen.

They are pretty sparse in their comments of bug fixes for Insider builds. Talk about that, there's a new one today. There's like 5 lines of bug fixes listed, 700 lines of new toys to test.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it's the same issue where some combo of input causes your machine to lock up. For me, it's on battery, using the pen. On power it's fine all friggen day long. They probably won't state it's fixed, it'll just happen.

They are pretty sparse in their comments of bug fixes for Insider builds. Talk about that, there's a new one today. There's like 5 lines of bug fixes listed, 700 lines of new toys to test.

My exact scenario. Plugged in, rock solid, on battery with pen, 3 resets required today during a very important 2 hour revision lecture. Fortunately I had my s3 with me as well else it could have proven itself a highly problematic situation.

Compusmurf

Installing new build niw, wont test scenario until later as i have to vpn back to work on it as my other pc us busy.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
New build installed and running the latest version of Office 2016 and everything is working....