What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

wynand32

I would probably do a refresh. Don't know how much you have installed.

Yeah, I'm leaning in that direction. The recovery process really isn't that bad, since all of my data is on OneDrive and I'm running Office 365. Might just bite the bullet and do a clean install.

GTiceman

Yeah, I'm leaning in that direction. The recovery process really isn't that bad, since all of my data is on OneDrive and I'm running Office 365. Might just bite the bullet and do a clean install.
I almost did it with mine as I have issues with Mail. I'm holding off for right now

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is where we're posting such things, but I figure since my SP3 is still a part of Windows Insiders, I'll go ahead and post here. Strangest thing happened this morning, first time in forever (since many builds ago): I was sitting at my desktop with the system fans and my floor fan running, and heard this really high-pitched fan noise that I couldn't place. Then I realized it's my SP3 sitting there, supposedly asleep/hibernated since last night, with the fans spinning like crazy.

Nothing in Task Manager accounting for it (CPU at around 2%), just the fans going like they have nothing better to do. Weird, and I hope it's not a harbinger of some problem.

I think you are on the Technical Preview for Windows 13.

wynand32

Okay, I'm still confused about this. If we clean install Windows 10, do we then need to apply a driver pack? Or just run update and all the required drivers will install?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
This Insider is all lonely and has nothing to be, er, inside o_O

Anything on the twittersphere from Gabe? :) (i'd love to go and check myself, but well, it's twitter, I refuse to visit that site for good reason)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they need to get on it fairly quick though. Seems that enough features are missing or not polished at present that a heck of a lot of people are seeing it a bit like 8 and just reverting instead of learning to adjust. (although personally I think all this crying is a bit pathetic really, no one forced anyone to upgrade and they weren't charged a penny for it. Seems to be life though, give someone something for free and all they'll do is pick out the faults)