What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

olimjj

The popup menu on the start button has been enhanced.

menu.jpg

lhauser

10532 appears to be working OK on my Surface (haven't had much chance to use it since updating) and is downloading to my HP Stream 7 right now. That one's the real test, since it's extremely constrained by memory and drive space.

Is this series of Insider updates in anticipation of the expected Great October Update (which some people see as "Service Pack 1")?

wynand32

10532 seemed okay on my SP3, but unfortunately Nextgen Reader won't run and that's a vital app for me. The developer is on hiatus, and so it's not likely to be fixed. I tried going back to 10525, but now the Store won't start and none of the fixes I found are resolving it. So, I'm thinking of backing off the Preview on my SP3 and limiting it to a multiboot option on my desktop.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
10532 seemed okay on my SP3, but unfortunately Nextgen Reader won't run and that's a vital app for me. The developer is on hiatus, and so it's not likely to be fixed. I tried going back to 10525, but now the Store won't start and none of the fixes I found are resolving it. So, I'm thinking of backing off the Preview on my SP3 and limiting it to a multiboot option on my desktop.
Have you tried Fedora Reader? I like it better than Nextgen....

wynand32

Have you tried Fedora Reader? I like it better than Nextgen....

Of course, I actually can't even try Fedora Reader if I wanted to (at least on this machine), because the Store won't start. Grrr.

Update: Loaded up Fedora Reader on my desktop. Unfortunately, I need Feedly sync support--I use way to many machines to try to keep my feeds updated manually somehow. Nextgen Reader is excellent at syncing across all of my machines, and it also has great OneNote support.

Last edited:

GTiceman

So interesting thing on the right click, I did a refresh and it worked. However I did my updates and it broke. I was on 10547 the whole time after I did the refresh so it wasn't like an update brought me to the build. Also, the refresh was a full delete of files to bring me back to OOTB.