What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Surface Book i7/16/512 Report:
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 11099.rs1_release.160109-1156

1 - Surface Book is running better than ever. Snappy response, quick startup, shutdown. Performance not burdened by running lots of apps and programs, including playing media (iTunes, VLC). When Microsoft says users will not see many changes, they forget to note that users may notice performance changes. In this case, better by far.

2 - No display driver errors. No detach / attach errors. No spurious Autorotate messages.

3 - Flash crashed a few times - Edge recovered okay. Known problem with the Build, per Microsoft.

4 - At least two (old) hardware updates trickled in since installing.

Surface Pro 3 i7/16/512 Report:
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 11099.rs1_release.160109-1156

1 - Surface Pro 3 is running better than ever. Snappy response, quick startup, shutdown. Performance not burdened by running lots of apps and programs, including playing media (iTunes, VLC). When Microsoft says users will not see many changes, they forget to note that users may notice performance changes. In this case, better by far.

2 - Flash crashed once. Edge recovered okay. Known problem with the Build, per Microsoft.

3 - At least two (old) hardware updates trickled in since installing.

4 - Fingerprint Reader icon now shows properly on Lock Screen. Response better than previously. Even the "Caps" shift beep response comes from the computer faster.

5 - VNC working better than ever using TightVNC, and Logmein

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
After 24 hours, I have not been able to get a display driver error, or get the screen to be unresponsive.
I tried to make my Surface Book fail by viewing flash content, playing videos, reading Zinio magazines, playing music, pinching and zooming a map while monster spreadsheets are being saved to OneDrive.

No errors.

The future looks bright through my Windows.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

This update fixed issues for some of my desktop users too. They had been concerned that Outlook was always sating it was running in safe mode even though it obviously wasn't. Not doing that any more. Bit by bit....

GTiceman

I have to say my SP3 is running solid. Not better than ever, but solid. No display driver issues for me so no weird colors and everything seeming like it is highlighted which is great.

Notes:
Seem to be getting some fan, almost like original OOTB days before 10 (Think this in Runtime Broker)
Switching between tablet mode and regular seems quicker
I like that many icons in the action center have been removed, but I liked the Connect icon
Edge now is focused on casting media and not the whole tab, so it doesn't work for me 90% of the time
Cast to device seems more responsive
I still wish Cortana's window would auto close when I click elsewhere
I am testing Cortana's responsiveness as I have had a number of issues with her just not listening

Last edited:

MagicPoop

No sure if its only my problem but after installing build 11102, I get random Blue Screens with the error Power_Driver_State_Error or something like that... Its even happened while the computer is supposedly asleep.

GTiceman

No sure if its only my problem but after installing build 11102, I get random Blue Screens with the error Power_Driver_State_Error or something like that... Its even happened while the computer is supposedly asleep.

I am not having any issues like that. I am having issues with File Explorer not loading when I click the icon. It opens but just hangs.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It tried downloading 11102, got to about 60% and then just told me there were no updates available. Pretty annoying considering I'm on a 1mbps connection.

GTiceman

I am having great success on 14251, I don't use Windows Hello so I can't speak to that.

Everything else seems solid. Runtime Broker seems to be fixed again.