What's new

Ok...lets hear it. "Anniversary update ruined my Surface 3 4 3V4r!"

Turbo4AWD

In my personal experience, updates for my Surface 3 have improved on the issues I was experiencing with the previous version of Windows 10. I JUST updated tonight and already noticed improved experiences in Flipboard and Edge. However, there are those whom are the magnet of bad experiences who are going to say the update has destroyed their lives. So in that theme, I would like to hear what broke when you updated to the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 on your Surface 3 because I am currently witnessing more improvement. Not steps backwards.

jychow

In my personal experience, updates for my Surface 3 have improved on the issues I was experiencing with the previous version of Windows 10. I JUST updated tonight and already noticed improved experiences in Flipboard and Edge. However, there are those whom are the magnet of bad experiences who are going to say the update has destroyed their lives. So in that theme, I would like to hear what broke when you updated to the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 on your Surface 3 because I am currently witnessing more improvement. Not steps backwards.

Hi. What is the configuration on your surface 3? 2 or 4GB memory? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even know what build I am on, I presume it is the AU as I just let update do its thing automatically on the insider program, but I've recently noticed that standby time seems really good of late. Still not android/ios territory, but I'm only losing about 9% over 4 days of being in CS. In the past I'd be lucky to have any charge when I woke up the following day.

edit: nope, not on AU. Fingers crossed it is even better! :)

Imagine that, and here I thought you mods knew all things Surface, Microsquish. ;)

The rest of the mods know a good deal, me personally, I know little to nothing. Ask me to make anything beyond a standard powerpoint presentation and I'm pretty much stuffed :)

awenborn

I just installed this update and my Surface has developed a couple of annoying quirks since.

The most annoying of these is that it now seems impossible to disable "auto-rotate" of the screen from portrait to landscape orientation. It's my understanding that having the Type Cover attached should automatically disable "auto-rotate" and whilst it seems that Windows is recognising this (because when I go to Control Panel -> Display the lock rotation toggle is greyed out) it doesn't then disable auto-rotation.

On top of this, I now frequently have annoying messages pop-on saying "auto-rotate: on", none of which occurred immediately prior to the update.

This seems to have been an intermittent issue for a lot of Surface users over different builds, but I'd be grateful if anyone knows of any workarounds to stop this happening, thanks!