What's new

on screen 10 key is driving me nuts

toaf

anyone know how to make the default onscreen keyboard use a normal 10 key, they have it wrong. its like a phone. 100% should be fixed, ive never had soo many typos in my life. i know i can just use the other onscreen keyboard but the default is so faster to get to.
just a small gripe..

p.s.
exterminate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TunaSurface

I'd like to have the numbers on top of the regular keyboard.
Press the little keyboard button at the bottom right, it gives you a few different options.

Matt

If you want a full touch screen keyboard just go to Settings -> Change PC Settings -> PC and Devices and change the slider to ON for "Add the standard Keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option"

Attachments

• fullkeyboard.PNG
    fullkeyboard.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 533
OP
toaf

toaf

it is about having a 10 key. been working in a bank too long and having phone style ten key is just wrong. as wrong as dogs and cats living together

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
II
it is about having a 10 key. been working in a bank too long and having phone style ten key is just wrong. as wrong as dogs and cats living together

It it's the classic battle of Microsoft's mobile platform, those that want the traditional PC in tablet form and those who want the mobile transformation of Windows and at the time of the programming of the OSK the mobile camp won.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot (112).png
You can get an on-screen 10-key (numeric key pad). The procedure below also lets you bring up that keyboard in the Start menu (Metro mode) if you want it there.

1. From the Start menu (Metro mode / tiles), swipe your finger up from the center of the screen (not the bottom).
2. Type "key". The search response will display "On Screen Keyboard ". Choose that. (NOTE: Before you choose to run it, you may right-click on the "On Screen Keyboard" entry, and pin to Start or Taskbar as desired.
3. One of the keys shown will be "Options". Choose "numeric key pad". Then the NUMLOCK key toggles your 10-key on or off.

Screenshot (111).png

Swipe up from the middle of this screen, or choose the tiny down arrow in the lower left to show all your apps.

Screenshot (110).png

Start typing 'key' to display the on-screen keyboard app entry. Right-click on that to pin to Start or Taskbar if you desire. Open this app.

Screenshot (112).png

You now have an Options key to choose whether to display the numeric key pad, and other sets of keys. One nice thing about this keyboard is that it stays active even when toggling between the Desktop and the Start menu.

Screenshot (113).png
Handy set of options to choose from. Also, note how a Desktop-style dialog window is showing in the Start display.

Hope this has been helpful.

Last edited:
OP
toaf

toaf

I have that, thanks for the huge reply. Gota see if i can get it to pop up on login now. Or i'll just change my password so it has no numbers