What's new

Onenote Page Color's

Earthdog

So I would like to use my Surface Pro 3 to take office notes. My issue is the page colors and line colors are very inflexable. I prefer OLD SCHOOL Yellow Paper and Blue Lines. Is there any way to get darker colors? If not is there another application that allows for this?

TIA

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So I would like to use my Surface Pro 3 to take office notes. My issue is the page colors and line colors are very inflexable. I prefer OLD SCHOOL Yellow Paper and Blue Lines. Is there any way to get darker colors? If not is there another application that allows for this?

TIA
Are you using the Modern UI or OneNote 2013?

OneNote 2013 (Desktop Application) allows for exactly what you're looking for under the "View Tab"....

OP
E

Earthdog

jnjroach

I am using OneNote 2013. Unless I am missing something the page colors are all pastel colors and the line colors are as well.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is the same canary yellow of the typical legal pad...

upload_2014-7-25_14-30-36.png

OP
E

Earthdog

With respect that is not Canary Yellow. The default Pastel palette used by OneNote lacks complete customization of the paper color, line color and line thickness. Please show me where I am wrong because the prime reason I bought the Surface Pro 3 is for Note Taking and if I can't find another app or customize OneNote then I will have to return the device. See the image below, this is what I want and need the Pastel choices are washed out. I would be happy with a third party app.

41PohaxV8EL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I had legal pad next to me in the colors were the same, you want a deeper yellow, find a jpg of the type and color you want, Print it to OneNote, set the Page Setup to one page and set as the default page template, or go to Office.com and look for a template there....