What's new

Opinion: Using Surface Pro with external monitor and sell MBP Retina?

butters149

Hello,

I have my Surface pro reserved and just returned my apple ipad mini. I also own a 15" Macbook Pro retina. Should I sell my MBPr and just use the Surface Pro and optional external monitor? I don't do any gaming, just movie watching, surfing the web and I like the idea of taking notes on the tablet. And I'm fine with either OSX or Windows 8 actually.

OP
B

butters149

i tried out the pro at the local microsoft store and am really impressed with the stylus and one note free handing it.

OP
B

butters149

nice, i found a buyer for my macbook pro for $1700, got it for $1850, not bad. Will be getting the surface pro 128gb with touch cover, and 64gb sd card.

What monitor would you guys suggest? I was thinking apple cinema display. or thunderbolt display.

TeknoBlast

I say keep both. I have a Windows 8 desktop non-touch, Surface RT, Windows 8 Dell desktop (wife's), and a old Sony Vaio laptop (Vista). I'll eventually sell off the Dell desktop and hopefully get a all-in-one Windows 8. Same goes for the Sony Vaio....get another laptop Windows 8 (this is more for the wife to take to school.)

You never know when you'll need that additional hardware.

GreatWindows

Hmmmm i say try out the Pro FIRST then decide.........I personally do not like OSX, i bought a MBP in like 2008 and it was truly a nightmare, but that was just my experience.

I would personally get the PRO, a fast 64GB Micro SD, with a nice USB 3.0 1TB HDD :D and youre set.

Search tags for this page
can i use surface pro 3 on thunderbolt display
display settings for external monitor with surface pro
microsoft surface pro external monitor
surface external monitor
surface pro external display

surface pro external monitor

surface pro with external monitor
using a second moniter with a surface pro
using surface pro with external monitor
using surface with external monitpr

Members online