What's new

Ordered Mine from Costco today

OP
B

brocharlieb

Although not a Costco member myself, I have a friend who is. Still wish that Microsoft would put a store in Birmingham or Nashville, I understand that can't have a store in every little town, but come on Nashville?

DLCPhoto

Regarding price matching, yeah, I was quite surprised. Didn't expect it at all. When they were entering the discount in the computer, they had a little trouble initially, and one guy said it was because Costco was a membership-based store. I figured that would end it. But they figured out another way, and I got my discount. Again, very unexpected, and I doubt that this is an across-the-board policy.

As for the timing, I did order mine near the end of the day on a Friday. So I probably lost several days there in processing. But when they did process it, it showed a shipping date of May 18, with an estimated delivery date of May 26. The order had been placed on May 15. Standard free shipping, and you could probably pay for quicker options.

Guess I've been too spoiled by Amazon Prime!

lookingforward

Wow, what a great deal DLC! I am a bit jealous. I don't have a Microsoft Store around me. Fortunately, I am quite pleased with the look of the black type cover and silver pen. Now, I just need to find a good price for the Surface Edition Arc Mouse!

My Surface package was shipped from TX to CA and took about a week to arrive. Interestingly, my Surface bundle came packaged in a Surface Pro box. At first, I thought they sent me the wrong item! Did any other Costco members experience this as well?

OP
B

brocharlieb

Yours went from TX to CA, mine is coming from CA to AL. Shipped on the 21st, and due here on the 28th, I'll bet I pay for express shipping next time.

LouCap

According to UPS tracking, I ordered on 5/18 (placed it on Friday 5/15, didn't process till the 18th), and it's on the truck out for delivery today!

OP
B

brocharlieb

My S3 left San Pablo, CA on 5-21, and has not been seen or heard from since. I suspect they parked the truck and walked away from it over the holidays, but I have no way to confirm it. I just know it hasn't run through any of their scanners since leaving San Pablo. Next time "express delivery" for sure.

LouCap

Well, it was delivered, and it's pretty great. Updating right now. Oddly enough, it did not come with a pen loop (as so many here have mentioned), so I did a live chat with an MS rep who told me that the keyboard does NOT ship with a loop. I could swear others said that it did, but no big loss. The rep gave me the link to buy it, so there's that.

LouCap

Did your Surface bundle come packaged in a white Surface Pro box like mine? The loop was included in the pen box.

The bundle came in a large white box that housed each item separately. The S3 was in a standard S3 box, and the pen and keyboard were in retail packaging of their own. I think Costco bundles the individual pieces themselves. But, according to the MS customer service rep, the loop is a separate item that should have ordered individually. Crazy.