What's new

Parts of this site seem abandoned ?!?!

Duncan123

Hi all,

I bought a new Go last week and now am looking for an active community to learn from and to ask questions.

Just noticed the latest item in the news section tab is about 4 months old. Am I doing something wrong or are parts of this website indeed abandoned ?

Duncan

Plantje

Sometimes it can take a while before you get a response, but in most cases you will get a reply.

Still it would be really nice to hear some more "success stories". If you follow this site long enough you would think Surface devices in general are a bad choice, but that is more or less because a lot of people only find their way to a community like this when something is wrong.

Please do share your fun stories and good experience with your Surface Go here as well. Let people know how happy you are with this device opposed to an Android or iOS device

OP
D

Duncan123

Thanks for all the replies, you guys and girls are like politicians. No one answered my question

Any reason why this website did not cover the surface Go being released.

Plantje

My apologies! You are ab-so-lutely right!

Let's get those questions answered! ;)
No, you are not doing anything wrong. The latest update in the news section is from June 8th 2018
And no, no parts of this website are abandoned. For the news part I assume the editors either were busy at the time or they thought the release of the Surface Go was this much in the media that they did not have to cover it again. As for the forum: if no new threads are posted a part can look abandoned. But for example: for the Surface RT that is not that strange....

Plantje

Graag gedaan. :)

Do pay attention for the smileys.

I do admit, I have been looking for a more active user group at times, but this seems to be the most active one. As you are most likely from the Netherlands or at least understand Dutch: we also had pocketpc-club.nl which turned into mywindows.nl later on. That was the most active Microsoft minded community in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, with the slow but painful death of Windows Phone/Mobile that site has ceased to exist as well.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all the replies, you guys and girls are like politicians. No one answered my question

Any reason why this website did not cover the surface Go being released.

There were a number of threads discussing the Surface go when it was announced. You can look at the number if comments on the news items, it seems like it just didn't make sense to continue if members preferred to create a thread instead.

This is just an enthusiast forum. It's not something like Engadget, none of the staff get paid, it's simply a case of doing what we can if we have time or energy. It's not really a case of it being abandoned, just that Maura tried, got little response to the articles, and decided to put that energy into a different aspect of life. It also doesn't help that this is a very niche product line, so having an entire forum for it, it will naturally be quiet, especially given the progress MS have made regarding bugs and technical issues. When the sp3 was launched, the forum was very active, and seems to have slowly died down. Its sad for the Forum, but at the same time can be argued is a good thing as it is a sign of just how good and reliable the machines are becoming with each new release. Just my personal opinion on things if course :)