What's new

Possible fix for poor battery?

So I returned my first sp3 i3 because of the horrid yellow streak. Everything was perfect with that machine but that yellow haze. The battery lasted a lot longer than my replacement which was brand new because I returned it for another one. My new i3 does not go into connected standby and as a result my standby battery life is taken a hit. I can't figure out why. I set the replacement one up identical to previous sp3.
Any ideas?

malberttoo

So I returned my first sp3 i3 because of the horrid yellow streak. Everything was perfect with that machine but that yellow haze. The battery lasted a lot longer than my replacement which was brand new because I returned it for another one. My new i3 does not go into connected standby and as a result my standby battery life is taken a hit. I can't figure out why. I set the replacement one up identical to previous sp3.
Any ideas?

I did a reset on mine 3 weeks after I got it. It fixed a lot of problems. Not an ideal recommendation I know, but it just seems that there's a portion of SP3's that come off the assembly line buggy.

ctitanic

Any ideas?
Why it does not go to connected standby? Do you have Hyper-V enable?

OP
T

thejoker1993

No I don't have hyper v enable and don't think the i3 supports that. I did a reset but kept all my files and stuff because I didn't want to reinstall everything. (my windows update screen froze prior to the reset and now it is fix after the reset.) Weird bug.

ctitanic

No I don't have hyper v enable and don't think the i3 supports that. I did a reset but kept all my files and stuff because I didn't want to reinstall everything. (my windows update screen froze prior to the reset and now it is fix after the reset.) Weird bug.
The i3 supports connected standby. Ok, lets start from the beginning. Why do you think that it does not go to connected standby? If you press the power button, wait one minute and press it again. Does it come on right away or do you see the Surface logo? If it comes on that means it was in Connected Standby.

OP
T

thejoker1993

Well my prior machine, if I left it overnight it would go into a deep sleep. Would take like 8 seconds to come back on. When I left this overnight, it immediately woke up and my battery was drained 18 percent as opposed to 1 percent when the other surface was in a deep sleep.

ctitanic

Well my prior machine, if I left it overnight it would go into a deep sleep. Would take like 8 seconds to come back on. When I left this overnight, it immediately woke up and my battery was drained 18 percent as opposed to 1 percent when the other surface was in a deep sleep.
Ok. So it's going to Connected Standby but does not go into deef sleep. I have seen somebody reporting something like that before here. I think that the fix is a refresh.