What's new

Solved Post 1607 Update - No Audio, Mic, Volume Rocker

memphis02

Hello,

I believe I have a different issue than that of some others on this thread post anniversary update on my SP4 i7 256.

I have reset the device back to factory (no audio), I have updated it to post anniversary (no audio), I have installed different releases of the Realtek HD Audio (SST) Driver (v6.0.1.7611, v6.0.1.7734).

I have also ran the surfacepro diagnostic toolkit, which gives the following error codes:

Volume Rocker Test
Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

Mic Test
WinMM.DLL returned 282 (0x0000011A)

Speaker Test
Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

I have also ran the audio troubleshooter to no avail. -I have also tried the various suggestions of disabling fastboot etc. however my issues seem to be a bit different regarding that particular issue, anyway.

Thanks in advance.

OP
M

memphis02

I finally figured this out when preparing to wipe it to send back to Microsoft. In the UEFI Firmware Settings, On Board Audio was Disabled. This caused all my and Microsoft's troubleshooting to miss this setting.

OP
M

memphis02

I have NO CLUE!!! I certainly didn't change it, as I was unaware of the setting. My only theory is that the hardware was shut down for firmware upgrades and it didn't get turned back on. I don't feel so bad about it as Microsoft Enterprise Support missed it, too...